Full Stack Web Developer
TechnologyFull TimeTORONTO, ON
Upsiide is a consumer intelligence platform that allows companies to take a mobile-first, gamified approach to online research that gets you actionable insights from your target audience in minutes, not days. We help companies move forward with real-time consumer validation without losing momentum. Upsiide is a division of Dig Insights, an innovative market research company with a founding belief is that a lot of quantitative market research asks obvious questions, using methodologies that fail to leverage the potential of new technology.
People who succeed at Upsiide are smart, creative, fun and able to work through complex projects to deliver real-time answers. They question established research practices and are passionate about helping our clients to move their businesses forward. People at Upsiide are not only comfortable working in a fast moving organization – it’s where they thrive.
Full Stack Web Developer – About this role
We’re looking for an intermediate full stack web developer that can help us build our custom interfaces, web applications, dashboards, and other innovative online tools. This position plays a key role in developing, updating, and building out our exciting tools and services. We work fast and learn fast.
Your primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with Dig colleagues to help develop our complex survey interfaces and web applications
- Help start and update projects in new front-end and back-end frameworks.
- Offer insights and be self-sufficient while working to make complex development decisions and solutions
- Work effectively with other members of our web team throughout the build cycle
Experience, Skills and Requirements:
- College/University Degree/Diploma in web/software development (or equivalent)
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue
- Experience with back-end frameworks such as NodeJS, Express, Koa, Laravel
- Experience with implementing UI components and elements with strict design specifications
- Solid coding fundamentals, proper styling, commenting, and comfortable with conducting peer code review
- Knowledge of relational databases and database query languages such as MySQL, MongoDB, and GraphQL.
- Knowledge of OOP, DRY, and MVC principles
- Experience with version control, git flow model
- Experience with designing forms and testing frameworks
- Experience writing client/server applications over RESTful web services
- Experience setting up frameworks and installing libraries
- Experience working with databases
- Experience working with server configurations and operations
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience writing and maintaining documentation for various applications.
- Comfortable updating legacy jQuery/PHP in front-end applications
- Comfortable updating legacy PHP code and data schemas
- Willing and able to work within a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to work within and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated work ethic, integrity and professional conduct
- Ability to work independently and with a team
Nice to have:
- Comfortable working with AWS and cloud deployment
- Experience or Familiarity with git flow model
- Experience with Adobe Suite and wire-framing tools
- Experience with Responsive adaptive web design
- Our culture is built on Energy, Excellence, Evolution and Equality
- Unlimited vacation policy and a work from home policy
- Our office is located steps to public transportation in the core of Downtown Toronto
- Reimbursement for music subscription, health and wellness classes/memberships, and more
- Social Events such as virtual poker night, virtual happy hour with our pets, virtual trivia night and more!
- Due to COVID-19, our employees are currently working remotely. We plan to head back into our lovely office downtown Toronto once it is safe for us all to do so.
- Dig is committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all of our staff
In your application, please include anything that shows off your awesomeness – portfolio items, links to recent work, personal websites, your Github account, and other repositories you’ve worked on.
We thank you for your interest in Dig Insights, however, only candidates who are chosen for an interview will be contacted.