Senior Research Manager
Client Service - Market ResearchFull TimeTORONTO, ON
Dig Insights is an innovative market research company with a founding belief is that a lot of quantitative market research asks obvious questions, using methodologies that fail to leverage the potential of new technology. We are focused on building a better market research agency. What does “better” mean? The most important thing to understand is that we have tools, approaches and a perspective on how research should be done, but we do not sell ‘canned’ methodologies. So if you want to manage an established process, Dig is not the place for you. People who succeed at Dig Insights either have a fantastic technical understanding of market research or are willing to build this understanding. Ideal team members are smart, creative and fun. They use quantitative research to work through complex questions and deliver clear answers. They question established research practices and are passionate about helping our clients to move their businesses forward. They are comfortable working in a fast moving, flat organization.
Senior Research Manager – About this role
Working closely with the Analyst and Manager on their team, the Senior Research Manager provides essential support to their team to help execute and deliver client projects. The Senior Research Manager has approximately 4-7 years experience in a research role and is responsible for delivering most of the research report including strategic insights/ research findings to the VP. The Senior Research Manager has demonstrated their research skills and knowledge, and client service capabilities. They can be relied on for project updates, recommendations on additional analysis required, working with other Dig team members to develop solutions to any project related problems and troubleshoot any issues that arise. The Senior Research Manager helps to train junior team members on research fundamentals. In addition to growing their fundamental skill set as a researcher, Senior Managers at Dig are encouraged to take part in our company’s exciting culture and enjoy this dynamic stage in their career.
Your primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Create sample plans
• Guide team and/or fieldwork suppliers on programming, survey logic and quotas
• Trouble-shoot unexpected results in field and offer solutions
• Perform and/or provide guidance on quality checks at all stages of the project (survey links, data, etc.)
• Provide guidance on weighting data as necessary
• Develop draft costing on projects
Analysis & Reporting:
• Write draft proposals, questionnaires and discussion guides
• Review and analyze survey results
• Review and create report templates
• Review and create cross tables
• Recommend and use appropriate multivariate techniques (drivers, correspondence maps, MDS) in the report(s)
• Review and add interpretive commentary to slides in report(s)
• Create summary slides in the report(s)
• Write draft recommendations based on the project results
• Perform quality checks and hold accountability for the report(s)
• Coach jr. team members as they develop core research skills
• Facilitate questionnaire revisions
• Act as key contact in support of VP
• Present sections of a project to clients
• Support in scheduling and organizing pre-work for client workshops
• Manage client requests in a professional and timely manner
Experience, Skills and Requirements:
• 4-7 years of direct and relevant experience
• University Degree or Graduate Program in a relevant field (Market Research, Business Insights, Consumer Insights, Statistics or other)
• Masters considered an asset
• Solid English communication skills, both written and oral are required
• Proficiency in SPSS and/or Q other tabulations software
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite are required, especially Excel and PowerPoint
• Able to work within a fast-paced dynamic environment
• Ability to meet tight deadlines, while maintaining close attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and with a team
· Our culture is built on Energy, Excellence, Evolution and Equality
· Unlimited vacation policy and a work from home policy
· Our office is located steps to public transportation in the core of Downtown Toronto
· Reimbursement for music subscription, health and wellness classes/memberships, and more
· Social Events such as virtual poker night, virtual happy hour with our pets, virtual trivia night and more!
To find out more about us visit us at www.diginsights.com
Due to COVID-19, our employees are currently working remotely. We plan to head back into our lovely office downtown Toronto once it is safe for us all to do so.
Dig is committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all of our staff.
We thank you for your interest in Dig Insights, however, only candidates who are chosen for an interview will be contacted.