Program Manager: Zero Emission Bus Consulting Services
ZEB Consulting ServicesFull TimeOntario
About this role:
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to do meaningful work with people who care about our world then this might be the role for you!
Our Program Manager: Zero Emission Bus Consulting Services will be responsible for leading our team to successfully deliver and grow key projects as we launch innovative designs within Canada’s low-carbon smart mobility ecosystem!
As our Program Manager: Zero Emission Bus Consulting Services you will also:
- implement, follow and support our highly structured and disciplined standardized project management methodology
- mentor, support and guide individuals in our diverse organization
- liaise with our team members across Canada to undertake project activities as required
- work with our membership base to identify and develop opportunities for growth
What you will do:
- Lead a team of project managers responsible for individual projects across CUTRIC, including balancing resources across a team of ten to 15 scientists, analysts and researchers working on 10 – 15 projects in tandem.
- Ensure Project Management Information Systems (PMIS) for new projects are set up and operational, including approved scopes, assumptions logs, work breakdown structures, resource management sheets, SIPOC breakdowns, etc. Implement and monitor the adoption and ongoing use of our structured and disciplined standard project management environment.
- Create and ensure the maintenance of Master Integrated Schedule(s) with new project schedules as new dates arise; train and supervisor project leads to operationalize and regularly update the executive team on the status of projects, initiatives and consulting engagements.
- Represent CUTRIC by establishing regular relations and ongoing clear communications with CUTRIC Members and project stakeholders that are engaged in projects, initiative and consulting engagements.
- Contract sub-consultants by leveraging CUTRIC Request for Information and Request for Proposal processes to obtain vendor inputs and prices, and ensure vendor contracts are scoped, executed and initiated on time to a high level of client satisfaction.
- Meet with leading potential clients (and CUTRIC outreach staff) as part of the zero-emissions transit funding (ZETF) client recruitment process as well as hot leads/new clients that are generated through other marketing measures
- Analyze and identify resource gaps and make monthly recommendations to Executive Management for resource reallocations, resource growth, hiring, promotions or changes to roles and professional development.
What you will bring:
- Fluent English language skills required in written and spoken form
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to succinctly describe complex environments, self awareness and people-focused management style.
- Exceptional skills in leadership, time management, facilitation, and organization.
- Master’s degree from a recognized university and ten years of work and industry experience, or a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university and 15 or more years of work and industry experience.
- At least three years of upper-management experience in the transit or transportation sectors. Three years of experience in project management at a leadership level.
- Evidence of project management certification from a recognized project management accrediting body and/or institute (documentation of exam completion will be required). PMP certification is preferred
- Demonstration of a high-level of competency with audio-visual technologies and technical as well as communications software (e.g. GitHub or Zoom Communications tools) with an ability to troubleshoot in real-time during multi-stakeholder meetings.
- Demonstration of a high-level of attention to detail and precision.
- Fluency in French is considered a highly valuable asset
- Leadership mindset and proactive dynamism in problem-solving. Interest in lifelong learning, strong work ethic and the pursuit of excellence in professional or personal life.
- Commitment to supporting a workplace with a highly diverse team, including gender, racial and religious diversity,
Some of the benefits of working with us:
- A full-time, Canadian-based, work-from-home opportunity*
- Access to a benefits plan
- Competitive salary ($130 000 - $150 000 per annum based on aptitudes and experience)
- Three weeks of vacation upon start
- Additional mental health days off for staff nationally, one per quarter
Candidates of diverse race, levels of ability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression are encouraged to apply. For more information about our people, culture and values please visit our website.
Apply now if you think this is the role for you! Please include a cover letter that refers to this specific job posting – applications without cover letters will not be considered. Closing date 07/07/2023
*You can be located anywhere in Canada as long as you have continual or reasonably frequent access to high-fidelity internet as 100 percent of CUTRIC’s daily business activities are carried out digitally – including video-based digital meetings, which require high-fidelity Wi-Fi. Work will be carried out remotely omitting the possibility of bi-annual staff professional development retreats, which may require travel.