Project Manager: Sustainable Transit Initiatives
ZEB Consulting ServicesFull TimeOntario
About this role:
This is an exciting opportunity to do meaningful work, with people who care about our world!
As our Project Manager: Sustainable Transit Initiatives you will work with our dynamic research team involved in consortium-based transit electrification and commercialization projects.
What you will do:
- Establish baseline project management documentation and readiness-to-launch project artifacts on a per-project and program level related to analytics projects within the Zero Emissions Bus Consulting Services division at CUTRIC.
- Establish robust project management documents and artifacts for up to six (6) projects or a budget of approximately $2M in project value. This includes but is not limited to: WBS, SIPOC, RMIS, risk registers, lessons learned logs, project budgets and control accounts.
- Effectively build, foster and manage stakeholder engagement through sound communication and management protocols
- Support the provision of relevant inputs into CUTRIC’s monthly Zero-Emissions Bus (ZEB) Committee and/or its bi-monthly Power Providers & Utilities(PPU) Transit Decarbonization Committee (for utility-led transit electrification), or other conference or members’ oriented public engagement and/or speaking events.
- Collaborate with CUTRIC’s non-profit Zero-Emissions Bus (ZEB) Consulting Services™ team to ensure the robust achievement of research and reporting milestones associated with battery electric bus operations issues, lesson learned and additional performance data.
- Report weekly to the CEO or other senior executives, as appropriate
What you will bring:
- Fluent English language skills required; additional fluency or a high level of competency in French.
- Evidence of project management certification from a recognized project management accrediting body and/or institute (documentation of exam completion will be required). CAPM certification is a minimum for this role.
- Minimum Master’s degree from a recognized university in a relevant field and ten years of work and industry experience, or a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university and 12 years of work and industry experience.
- At least three years of experience in the transit or transportation sectors.
- Advanced level of attention to detail and precision
- Competency with audio-visual technologies and softwares with an ability to troubleshoot in real-time during multi-stakeholder meetings.
- Fluency in French is considered a highly valuable asset
- PMP certification is preferred.
- Technical knowledge in zero emissions vehicles and alternative energy solutions
- Experience in transit or transportation sectors
- Evidence of a committed work ethic and the pursuit of excellence in professional or personal life.
Some of the benefits of working with us:
- A full-time, Canadian-based, work-from-home opportunity*
- Access to a benefits plan
- Competitive salary ($82 000 - $95 000 based on aptitudes and experience)
- Three weeks of vacation upon start
- Additional mental health days off for staff nationally, one per quarter
Candidates of diverse race, levels of ability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression are encouraged to apply. For more information about our people, culture and values please visit our website.
Apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter (applications without cover letters will not be considered).
Closing date 07/07/2023
* The future employee may be located anywhere in Canada as long as the candidate has continual or reasonably frequent access to high-fidelity internet as 100 percent of CUTRIC’s daily business activities are carried out digitally – including video-based digital meetings, which require high-fidelity Wi-Fi. Work will be carried out remotely omitting the possibility of bi-annual CUTRIC staff professional development retreats, which may require travel.