Business Development & Membership Engagement Officer
About this role:
This is an exciting opportunity to do meaningful work, with people who care about our world!
As our Business Development & Membership Engagement Officer you will be responsible for sourcing new membership opportunities, securing new and renewed membership agreements, membership customer base expansion and generating new leads and customer engagement.
What you will do:
- Work closely with our team members across Canada to develop and implement strategies for membership acquisition and retention in various market segments, including developing new targets and annual strategic planning goals
- Identify challenges and barriers to success and develop solutions to overcome these
- Actively manage a membership sales pipeline and document all membership engagement efforts using HubSpot
- Engage in ecosystem networking to build relationships and identify opportunities, including delivery of market outreach to support targets and sustainable revenue growth.
- Meet with client, conduct presentations, workshops and discussions to drive revenue
- Maintain sector knowledge and keep abreast of sector and industry news, regional issues, regulatory issues and key contacts
What you will bring:
● University or College degree in business administration, business management, finance, accounting, marketing, communications or another related field
● At least five years of full-time work experience in sales or membership sales including lead generation, lead qualification, lead nurturing and conversion tactics and demonstrated management or leadership experience.
● Experience in assessing, formulating and articulating a business case for organizations to pay for membership; ability to deliver enticing proposals to win, retain and grow accounts.
● Fluent English language skills required in written and spoken form.
● Demonstrated expertise in using client management software tools or membership management software tools (e.g., HubSpot, Salesforce or similar) and high-level competency with audio-visual technologies, such as communications software (e.g., Zoom communications tools, Google Meets, etc.)
● Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to liaise, build relationships and manage stakeholder relationships, and able to work collaboratively with team members locally and digitally across the country.
● Fluency in French is considered a highly valuable asset
● Technical knowledge in zero emissions vehicles and alternative energy solutions
● Experience in transit or transportation sectors
● Evidence of a committed work ethic and the pursuit of excellence in professional or personal life.
Some of the benefits of working with us:
- A full-time, Canadian-based, work-from-home opportunity*
- Access to a benefits plan
- Competitive salary ($70 000 - $100 000 based on aptitudes and experience)
- Three weeks of vacation upon start
- Additional mental health days off for staff nationally, one per quarter
Candidates with diverse experiences and backgrounds along with women, people who identify as women, transgendered people, and people who identify as a non-binary gender are strongly encouraged to apply. For more information about our people, culture and values please visit our website.
Apply now if you think this is the role for you! Please submit your resume and a cover letter (applications without cover letters will not be considered). Closing date 10/03//2023.
* The future employee may be located anywhere in Canada as long as the candidate has continual or reasonably frequent access to high-fidelity internet as 100 percent of CUTRIC’s daily business activities are carried out digitally – including video-based digital meetings, which require high-fidelity Wi-Fi. Work will be carried out remotely omitting the possibility of bi-annual CUTRIC staff professional development retreats, which may require travel.