Social Media & Content Coordinator
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Job Title: Social Media & Content Coordinator
Time: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Location: This is a remote work opportunity for applicants located in Toronto or Vancouver. Calgary-based applicants will gain an opportunity to work both in our downtown office and/or remotely.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Reporting to the Manager of Content Strategy, understand Curiocity’s corporate vision, growth objectives, and monthly content strategy ensuring consistency in messaging across corporate social media platforms.
- Curate, schedule, and coordinate both local and national content on Curiocity’s various social media platforms on a daily basis (approximately 35 to 50 posts per day).
- Compose engaging social media captions in Curiocity’s established brand voice and with an effective call-to-action where appropriate.
- Select imagery relevant to daily postings, ensuring alignment with Curiocity’s established style guide and maintaining copyright compliance.
- Manage post times, business partner approvals, and compliance with Facebook social media publishing rules and regulations.
- Collaborate with the Account Management Team via Asana ensuring client content is published correctly, effectively, and at optimal engagement times.
- Provide graphic design requirements on select social media imagery as required.
- Communicate and engage with Curiocity’s existing audience by responding to comments and direct messages in a timely manner.
- Monitor and document monthly performance analytics, setting achievable audience targets and effective strategies in which to achieve.
- Track trending local and national news and activities developing creative ways for Curiocity to become part of the conversation.
- Maintain acute awareness of social media tools, updates, best practices, rules and regulations.
- Provide support to new business initiatives as required, including but no limited to, the rollout of corporate newsletter and TikTok accounts.
WHO YOU ARE
- Flawless written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write creatively, conversationally and when appropriate, humorously.
- Demonstrated experience and comfort working with Facebook Creator Studio and Canva.
- Graphic design experience working Photoshop considered a strong asset.
- Positive, upbeat personality that thrives under pressure.
- Ability to remain flexible, organize daily workload by priorities, and implement change as needed on the fly.
- Meticulous organization and prioritization skills with acute attention to detail.
- Superior savviness with social media, pop culture, and a strong awareness of local happenings.
- High level of self-motivation, initiative and the ability to work within a fast-paced work environment.
- Minimum of 3-years experience in related social media management or related digital communications capacity.
- You are located in Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, or Vancouver.
- A degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications, Business or other related fields.
- Personal laptop and cell phone for day to day work requirements.
- Experience working with social advertising and analytics reporting including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok, and Google Analytics.
We thank all interested applications but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MORE ABOUT US!
As leaders in social-first publishing, we know how to keep our fingers on the pulse of our markets to deliver kickass content that thrills our audience and results in top-notch engagement on and off the screen. We love to create, to tell stories, and to turn brands big and small into local favourites. Our audience of over 2.5 million people (and growing) is a blend of adventurous millennials, Gen Z, and Gen Xers who engage with our channels on a daily basis. Our audience is hyper-local to the markets that we operate in, currently encompassing Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Vancouver and Seattle, allowing us to have a direct impact on businesses, events, activations and more.
To our audience, we are a leading and trusted digital publisher, consistently keeping our audience in the know of the very best of what’s happening in their city. To our clients, we collaborate with quality brands that compel us and create unique digital marketing strategies and beautifully engaging content that’s driven to inspire action in consumers. We connect our audience to our clients in a way that’s authentic, instant, effective, and measurable
To inspire experiences, enrich lifestyles, and stimulate community by authentically showcasing the very best of what a city has to offer.
To change the way brands interact with consumers by providing a platform for creative communication founded on authenticity, local interest, and genuine care in the customer experience.
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Flexible working hours.
- Event and lifestyle perks in collaboration with our valued media and business partners.
- Incredible company culture (if we do say so ourselves).
- Opportunities to travel for work if desired (post COVID 19).
- Remote work opportunities.
- Head office located in downtown Calgary for those interested in working in an office setting
- Innovative team that encourages (and implements) creative new ideas.
- Exposure to working with many different business units and industries.
- Collaborative and casual work environment.
- Dynamic, youthful, and rapidly growing organization with opportunity for significant career growth and advancement.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO GET A SENSE OF OUR BRAND VOICE, PLEASE REVIEW OUR COMPANY WEBSITE