UX / UI Designer
ProductFull TimeVictoria, BC
Cuboh is a fast-growing start-up with a mission to digitize the restaurant industry through workflow, integration, and analytics software as a service (SaaS). Founded in 2018, Cuboh has grown to serve thousands of restaurants in the USA and Canada, with many new restaurants signing up each month. Cuboh graduated from the 2019 Y Combinator batch, was awarded VIATEC’s Victoria Startup of the Year 2019, and took home third place at the 2019 New Ventures BC Competition.
The restaurant industry has struggled with razor thin margins and inadequate technology for too long. Cuboh’s technology, team, and ideas will always go the extra mile for its customers and promise transparency, reliability, and support to restaurants along the way. We help your favourite brands be listed on the top online ordering platforms (SkipTheDishes, Doordash, Grubhub, and many more!) while automating most of the process. We do this by consolidating all services onto one platform and integrating them with the restaurant’s POS (Point of Sale) system. For more information, visit: www.cuboh.com
Why Join Cuboh
Cuboh offers a small, fun, energetic, and highly collaborative work environment. You can expect to accelerate your career by developing in-demand skills while joining Victoria’s inclusive technology community.
- Downtown office
- Flexible work space (home or office!)
- Comprehensive benefits plan
- Unlimited paid vacation
What We Value:
Powered by honesty: We believe that honesty is a missing piece in all companies. We will -- always -- choose to tell the truth, even when people are not ready to hear it.
We see beauty in the struggle: We are driven by the belief that great things take time. We have learned to love the process, and want you to love it too.
- You’re a professional with 2+ years of experience with portfolio samples that showcase your experience
- Expertise with design software and technologies such as: Sketch, Figma, InVision
- You are willing and capable to work independently or as part of a team. Switching contexts is difficult but you are a master
- A flexible and friendly approach to working with teams: mindful, proactive, a good listener, and able to take and provide constructive feedback.
- Experience producing high-quality visual designs, start to finish
- Create and gather user requirements
- Create and improve user interaction and interface designs on multiple platforms (web / mobile)
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Create original graphic designs inline with our company brand
- Research and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Communicate design ideas through your own preferred means of communication (storyboards, sitemaps etc.)
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how a new feature or product should function and appear.