FinanceFull TimeVictoria, BC
Cuboh is a fast-growing start-up with a mission to digitize the restaurant industry through workflow, integration, and analytics software as a service (SaaS). Founded in 2018, Cuboh has grown to serve thousands of restaurants in the USA and Canada, with many new restaurants signing up each month. Cuboh graduated from the 2019 Y Combinator batch, was awarded VIATEC’s Victoria Startup of the Year 2019, and took home third place at the 2019 New Ventures BC Competition.
The restaurant industry has struggled with razor thin margins and inadequate technology for too long. Cuboh’s technology, team, and ideas will always go the extra mile for its customers and promise transparency, reliability, and support to restaurants along the way. We help your favourite brands be listed on the top online ordering platforms (SkipTheDishes, Doordash, Grubhub, and many more!) while automating most of the process. We do this by consolidating all services onto one platform and integrating them with the restaurant’s POS (Point of Sale) system. For more information, visit: www.cuboh.com
Why Join Cuboh
Cuboh offers a small, fun, energetic, and highly collaborative work environment. You can expect to accelerate your career by developing in-demand skills while joining Victoria’s inclusive technology community.
- Downtown office
- Flexible work space (home or office!)
- Comprehensive benefits plan
- Unlimited paid vacation
What We Value:
Powered by honesty: We believe that honesty is a missing piece in all companies. We will -- always -- choose to tell the truth, even when people are not ready to hear it.
We see beauty in the struggle: We are driven by the belief that great things take time. We have learned to love the process, and want you to love it too.
Cuboh is looking for an experienced finance executive to help shape and support the strategic direction of the company’s finance department. As Cuboh’s VP, Finance you will be responsible for ensuring the alignment of our financial resources to the strategic objectives we are pursuing. This includes roles in providing appropriate management and measurement tools to the organization and the Board of Directors, financial management, and future capital fundraising. A key part of this role is helping refine and improve the in-place financial systems, building them to scale as the company does.
As VP, Finance you will join Cuboh’s leadership team reporting directly to the CEO. The team will rely on you for your excellent problem-solving and collaboration skills. We expect you to have a passion for building out processes that scale, and to be comfortable collaborating cross-functionally within the organization.
This is an exciting opportunity for any driven individual that is looking to join the fastest-growing team in Victoria’s thriving technology sector.
What you’ll do:
- Performing financial modeling and analysis
- Drive the financial planning of the company by analyzing its performance and risks
- Oversee insurance and risk management
- Set up and oversee the company’s finance IT system
- Plan, build out, and train a skilled finance team, while also putting emphasis on departmental retention
- Set targets for and supervise all accounting and finance personnel (management accountants, internal auditors etc.)
- Oversee all audit and internal control operations
- Develop the corporate fundraising strategy and manage relationships with partners and investors
- Assist with other business funding decisions
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a quarterly and annual basis
- Conduct analysis to make forecasts and report to upper executives
- Maintain budgeting and forecasting models
- Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines
- Set, maintain and oversee company policies in terms of generally accepted finance and accounting policies
What you’ll bring:
- Between 6-10 years of experience as Director/VP of Finance or equivalent role
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices
- Proven understanding and experience in building out a skilled finance team that is effective in carrying out cross-departmental initiatives
- Solid knowledge base of financial analysis and forecasting
- Experience in preparing annual and quarterly budgets
- Experience in presenting financial reports and budgets to a Board of Directors
- Proficient in the use of MS Office/Google Workspace and financial management software (e.g. Quickbooks, Xero)
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability
- Excellent leadership, project management skills, team player attitude, and an ability to work under high pressure is critical to the success of this role.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
- CPA or other relevant qualification is a plus