Clinical Pharmacist, FACET Program
FACET ProgramFull TimeToronto, ON
FACET is a unique Prior Authorization offering for complex disease-states that Cubic manages for clients across Canada. It is an independent, evidence-based program that manages claims for high-cost specialty drugs at the disease-state level to ensure optimal use of drug plan resources while ensuring the best health outcomes for members of the plans we serve. As a member of Cubic’s FACET Prior Authorization team, you will be assessing requests for coverage of high-cost/specialty medications.
• Gather all pertinent information, coordinate patient cases, manage FACET applications, and liaise with plan sponsors, insurance carriers and/or manufacturer sponsored funding programs to facilitate reimbursement where appropriate.
• Render a clinical decision based on established clinical criteria
• Synthesize and communicate scientific information at a peer level with physicians and communicate relevant information and decisions in lay terms to plan members.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of clinical criteria pertaining to FACET disease states (assessing available literature, HTA recommendations, clinical trial results, etc.)
• Answer appropriate information requests (phone/e-mail/postal mail).
• Occupy role as the subject matter expert for all stakeholders including physicians, insurance carriers, plan sponsors and plan members.
• Represent Cubic at relevant industry functions.
• Strong clinical knowledge with reliable literature search and appraisal abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to learn and capacity for scientific/therapeutic concepts and knowledge
• Self-directed with an ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
• Knowledge of private and/or public drug reimbursement would be an asset
• Experience in oncology also an asset
Education & Experience
• Pharmacy degree (B.Sc.Pharm or PharmD) with active Part A license