Logistics Team - Toronto
Logistics Team – Canada Running Series
Canada Running Series is the nation’s premier running circuit with 8 events: 4 in Toronto, 2 in Vancouver 1 in Montreal and 1 in Edmonton. It annually attracts over 60,000 participants and raises more than $6 million for some 320 local charities. The Series includes the IAAF Gold Label Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon, and the Athletics Canada National Marathon Championships. Since 1999, CRS has gained international recognition for innovation and organization.
We are passionately committed to staging great experiences for runners of all levels from Canadian Olympians and International stars, to healthy lifestyle and charity runners; and to making sport part of sustainable communities and the city-building process. Our mission is “building community through the sport of running.”
We are currently looking for independent contractors for short-term work in Toronto as and when required. This is a part-time position based on our event schedule and we are looking for commitment for the 2020 season.
The CRS Operations department is looking to expand our logistics team of passionate individuals who will be on the front line of delivering our amazing events. This seasonal role is perfect for event contractors, people with logistics or event experience or anybody who likes getting their hands dirty at world class events.
The Logistics team will be responsible for setup & teardown of the venue and course. This will include a general understanding of the scope of the event, truck loading/unloading, site operations and being assigned to a race time role. Flexibility and a willingness to adapt are a major part of this role as well as the ability to work for long and often unsociable hours.
Work with the Canada Running Series team to help bring together months of planning. This includes:
- Assisting with truck loading & unloading at the warehouse
- Executing setup & teardown of supplies and equipment
- Supervising volunteers on venue during race operations (start line, baggage, water stations, etc)
- Represent Canada Running Series and develop a positive relationship with suppliers, key stakeholders and participants.
- Ensuring that safety is a key priority throughout the scope of the event
Successful candidates will be hard-working and personable. Having an open-mind and being adaptable is a must, along with the following:
- A Strategic thinker and creative problem solver
- Strong oral communication skills with an ability to think and react to situations confidently and quickly
- Self-motivated and hardworking with a drive to learn
- Exemplary self-discipline, professionalism, pride and character
- Must love the outdoors and be prepared for working in any weather
- Ability to lift heavy (20lbs-50lbs) objects and work on your feet for 8-12 hours a day
- A Positive attitude and invested in being part of a wider team to achieve one shared goal
- Be willing to work unsociable hours, nights and weekends for a short period of time
Scope of Work
Available to work at the following events, approximately 8-12 hours/day.
**There are positions that include working during race week or race day only**
Race week availability: April 1-4 & 6
Race day availability: April 4
lululemon Toronto 10k
Race week availability: June 17-20 & 22
Race day availability: June 20
Race week availability: September 16-19 & 21
Race day availability: September 19
Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon
Race week availability: October 12-21
Race weekend availability: October 17 & 18
Desirable experience (not mandatory)
- Hold a valid Driver's licence
- Forklift licence
- Ability to drive a 5tonne truck
- Experience working on other large events considered a bonus
- Opportunity to work as part of a dynamic team of event innovators
- Gain experience working on world class events of up to 25,000 participants
- Competitive Daily Rate