Business Development | Partnerships Executive
The ideal candidate will be located in Vancouver, Calgary or Toronto.
We are looking to engage a Business Development/Partnerships Associate to originate and develop new business and partnerships for our newly developed SaaS technology, DealPoint.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience cold calling, developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with clients, from first contact until you close the deal. You will also ensure proper after-sales service. Ultimately, you will increase sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
If you like networking, are self-motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
What we need you to do
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as within the private capital markets to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients and the decision makers within the organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and our team
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speak to the clients’ needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with our team on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
What experience you should have
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Experience in the private capital markets an asset
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
What we are looking for
A professional sales and business development executive that can drive the adoption of the DealPoint platform in Canada’s private capital markets.
This is a new role within our company, has a large untapped market and is commission based.