Digital Media Intern (Unpaid)
Creative ServicesInternMississauga, ON
Cosmos Sports & Entertainment is a full service marketing firm founded in 2003 by Cary and Amelia Kaplan. With the slogan 'Win the Business', Cosmos' mission is: "Transforming employees into teammates, customers into fans, and sports organizations into champions, by providing exceptional service and winning results."
While this mission may sound lofty, we believe that sports & entertainment organizations generally exhibit a tremendous passion towards the “performance” side of their operations. Our goal is to educate them to provide the same vigor to the sales, marketing, public relations, human resources, operations and administration that drive the organizations as a whole. Further, within our own company, we are similarly committed to service, delivery and results for our customers that are consistently at an exceptionally high level. Cosmos has worked with thousands of sports teams, leagues, organizations, Universities & Colleges, governing bodies, performing arts organizations, corporations, media partners, retailers, athletes, job seekers and fans in our several years in
business. We look forward to continuing to build our leadership role in the sports and entertainment marketing field.
Cosmos is actively looking for passionate and dedicated individuals with a passion for graphic design & digital media to join the Cosmos Sports Digital Media team. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience with design tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite, and also see first hand how graphic design contributes towards effectively communicating with customers and clients. Interns in this role will have the opportunity to assist with various design and media projects such as: posters, email marketing campaigns, websites and more! If you are looking for an opportunity to apply your classroom learning in the exciting and fast paced Sports & Entertainment industry, there is no better place to start than Cosmos Sports & Entertainment!
• Collaboratively working with the digital media team while learning how to develop exciting graphics for print and digital mediums, with a sports and entertainment focus.
• Utilizing existing knowledge and gaining further expertise with Adobe Creative Suite programs.
• Helping with the maintenance of Cosmos and various client websites/social media accounts, as well as developing ideas to maximize their marketing capabilities.
• Gaining first-hand experience in taking graphic design/digital media projects from conception through to completion.
• Assisting with the creation of email marketing campaigns.
• Other duties, tasks, special projects as requested by the Director of Digital Media and IT.
• Currently enrolled at a post secondary institution in a related field of study.
• Must be receiving course credit for completing the internship.
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite programs (demonstrated by portfolio).
• Demonstrated design talent and creativity.
• Ability to manage tight deadlines without sacrificing quality or accuracy.
• Knowledge and experience