Account Executive Intern
Cosmos Sports is actively looking for passionate and dedicated individual with a sport marketing background/interest to join the Cosmos Sports team as an intern. Account executives will garner a wide range of experience and have the opportunity to learn about the many facets of sport. Interns will be involved in all day-to-day operations of Cosmos Sports while actively working within several areas of the Cosmos Sports scope of business including: Marketing, Ticket Sales, Branding, Consulting, Recruiting, Corporate Sponsorship, and Event Management. Cosmos interns are given the opportunity and responsibility to assist with project for some of our biggest clients which have included: the CTV Olympics, Bills in Toronto, Canadian Soccer Association, Edmonton Eskimos, and ECHL. If you are looking to begin a career in the sports industry, there is no better place to start than the Cosmos Sports Internship.
- Gaining hands-on experience in ticket sales by assisting with outbound calls to targeted lists of past ticket purchasers for the purpose of increasing spending and/or frequency.
- Becoming thoroughly knowledgeable about all Cosmos Sports properties, notably those pertaining to ticket sales and corporate sponsorship.
- Learning how exceptional customer service can assist with the renewal and growth of existing client relationships.
- Developing an understanding of new business processes including prospecting, strategic outreach, research, proposal development, and presentation.
- Assisting with researching, reviewing, editing and producing communications, marketing pieces, sponsorship proposals, and strategic consulting reports.
- Providing input and assistance with digital content and marketing pieces for clients’ use.
- Assisting with the development of prospecting databases for clients which may include schools, community groups, and minor sports teams.
- Providing administrative support as necessary for Managers and Directors
- Currently enrolled in a Business, Marketing, Sport Management or related field of study.
- Demonstrated commitment to the following 10 qualities: integrity, work ethic, positive attitude, results, teamwork, independence, creativity, confidence, leadership, and urgency.
- Familiarity/experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Previous experience in a customer-service role is an asset (particularly in a telephone service environment).
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are required.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines are essential for our fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work as an effective team player, as well as independently.
- Passion for sports and sports business is definitely an asset!