Manager, Sales & Service
Sales & MarketingFull TimeMississauga, ON
Start Date: Immediate
Cosmos Sports & Entertainment is actively seeking a personable, enthusiastic and motivated self-starter to join our team as a Manager, Sales & Service. Reporting to the Director of Sales & Service, the successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to join our youthful, dynamic, and highly successful front-line sales & service team and will also see themselves play an integral role in helping our team continue to exceed expectations and targets for our clients.
- Lead, manage, train and develop a team of ticket sales account executives.
- Help build and supervise all ticket sales campaigns for a variety of properties within the full Cosmos portfolio — properties over the last 3 years include: San Diego Seals, Edmonton Elks, Curling Canada, City of Mississauga, Tennis Canada, GT20, Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra, York United FC, Brampton Beast Hockey Club, Toronto Rock Lacrosse Club, Toronto Wolfpack.
- Ensure the sales team is meeting all revenue goals, completing final reporting to clientele as it pertains to sales numbers, targets achieved, and qualitative analysis of tickets sold.
- Work with key partners (both internal and external) to provide feedback and troubleshoot to ensure ticketing campaigns are on track and the highest level of client service is maintained.
- Acting as the front line of engagement for prospective and returning ticket buyers - providing exceptional customer service via phone and email.
- Executing on ticket sales campaigns for our broad portfolio of sports and entertainment clientele - i.e. actively engaging in outbound calling, email marketing and prospecting efforts.
- Gaining an in-depth knowledge of all products relevant to assigned ticket sales accounts and being able to apply this knowledge on a regular basis both through phone and email.
- Attending virtual meetings with potentials buyers and supporting senior executives in the sale and closure of complex ticket transactions (i.e. corporate and group ticket purchases).
- Maintaining the company CRM system (HubSpot) ensuring that lead, prospect and buyer information is recorded in both a timely and comprehensive fashion.
- Developing and maintaining a healthy pipeline of prospective ticket buyers for assigned client portfolios.
- Engaging in game-day box office and ticket sales support as needed.
- Achieving and/or exceeding sales targets set forth for ticket sales accounts.
Individuals who meet the criteria outlined below are encouraged to apply:
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Business Administration, Sports Management, Event Management or other related field is required;
- 2+ years experience in a ticket sales/account management role, with experience specific to the sports and entertainment industry
- Experience in a management/leadership role
- Customer service background, with strong inter-personal and relationship-building skills
- Strong phone communication skills with a willingness/ability to ‘warm-call’;
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Powerpoint, Word, etc.) is required;
- Experience with CRM and ticket system software is considered an asset;
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as necessary;
- Individuals who exemplify the following 10 qualities in their day-to-day approach to work: Positive attitude, strong work ethic, results-orientation, teamwork, independence, creativity, confidence, leadership and urgency.
- Candidates are encouraged to submit a resume AND cover letter.
- Cosmos Sports is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
- While we appreciate all applicants’ interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.