Social Media & Marketing Intern (Fall 2021)
Creative ServicesInternMississauga, ON
Compensation: Unpaid Internship
Are you looking to launch a career in the ultra-competitive sports & entertainment industry? Get a huge jump start through the Cosmos internship program. Through our internship program, you will receive exceptional industry standard training and practices, and learn the tools that will allow you to immediately jump into the business.
About Cosmos Sports & Entertainment:
Cosmos Sports & Entertainment is a full service Sales & Marketing firm founded by husband and wife, Cary and Amelia Kaplan in 2003. With strong roots based in sports marketing, Cary and Amelia set out to build a company whose core focus can be summed up by the slogan: “Win the Business”.
Since 2003, Cosmos has continued to expand its reach beyond the sports industry, with a robust portfolio of clients including festivals, entertainment groups and other large-scale events across North America. Our service offerings continue to grow with the ever-changing needs of those in the sports and entertainment industry. It is our endeavour to offer the services that organizations need most - everything from digital media to ticket sales to event management and more!
Today, the Cosmos team defines itself as a diverse collective of creative professionals who share a passion for the sports & entertainment industry. Integrity, strong worth ethic, positive attitude, creativity, teamwork, leadership, independence, confidence, urgency and results orientation are the key values that shape the way we do business on a daily basis.
Cosmos Sports & Entertainment is actively looking for a committed, creative, and outgoing individual with a knack for social media and marketing. As the Social Media Specialist your respnosibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating and curating content for all of Cosmos Sports and Entertainment's social media channels inlcuding Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube, and Tik Tok
- Providing weekly updates and reports to senior staff on the performance and engagement of posts
- Engaging with fans, customers, and clients through comments, likes and shares across all of our platforms to ensure a strong Cosmos presence
- Developing and executing marketing objectives to promote the Cosmos brand online
- Attending weekly marketing meetings with senior staff to discuss new ideas for Cosmos marketing and how to best target our audience
- Designing graphics for social media as needed
- Performing all other responsibilites and duties as assigned
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION YOU MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN AN ACCREDITED COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY PROGRAM IN WHICH THE INTERNSHIP WILL COUNT TOWARDS A SCHOOL CREDIT.
Preference will be given to candidates who are currently enrolled in college/university programs relevant to Media Communications, Marketing or related field of study and who currently follow Cosmos Sports and Entertainment on social media.
What YOU will bring to Cosmos Sports:
- Have a strong understanding of the different social media platforms and best practices
- Ability to work as an effective team player, as well as independently
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Strong written communication skills
- Graphic design experience and proficiency in Adobe Suite programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premier Pro is considered an asset
In wake of the pandemic, our top priority is the health and safety of both staff and students. We are currently looking to return to the office at a reduced capacity, however, there is still opportunity for students to do their internship remotely. If this changes, candidates and their schools will be notified immediately.
- Candidates are encouraged to submit a resume AND cover letter.
- Cosmos Sports & Entertainment is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, First Nations people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
- While we appreciate all applicants’ interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.