Digital Media Executive Intern (Summer 2021)
Creative ServicesInternMississauga, ON
Compensation: Unpaid Internship
Are you looking to launch a career in the ultra-competitive sports & entertainment industry? Get a huge jump start through the Cosmos internship program. Through our internship program, you will receive exceptional industry standard training and practices, and learn the tools that will allow you to immediately jump into the business.
About Cosmos Sports & Entertainment:
Cosmos Sports & Entertainment is a full service Sales & Marketing firm founded by husband and wife, Cary and Amelia Kaplan in 2003. With strong roots based in sports marketing, Cary and Amelia set out to build a company whose core focus can be summed up by the slogan: “Win the Business”.
Since 2003, Cosmos has continued to expand its reach beyond the sports industry, with a robust portfolio of clients including festivals, entertainment groups and other large-scale events across North America. Our service offerings continue to grow with the ever-changing needs of those in the sports and entertainment industry. It is our endeavour to offer the services that organizations need most - everything from digital media to ticket sales to event management and more!
Today, the Cosmos team defines itself as a diverse collective of creative professionals who share a passion for the sports & entertainment industry. Integrity, strong worth ethic, positive attitude, creativity, teamwork, leadership, independence, confidence, urgency and results orientation are the key values that shape the way we do business on a daily basis.
Cosmos Sports & Entertainment is scouting for committed, creative, and outgoing individuals with a passion for both marketing and sports. The Digital Media Executive internship provides a hands-on learning experience for those eager to obtain a position in the industry in the scope of marketing and communications. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designing graphics for Cosmos Sports & Entertainment's social media accounts including Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Developing and designing sponsorship and marketing proposals for client meetings.
- Developing and executing new marketing tactics to promote the Cosmos brand across all social media platforms and the Cosmos website.
- Attending weekly marketing meetings with supervisors to discuss new ideas for Cosmos marketing and how to best target our audience.
- Managing details and maximizing Cosmos' digital presence through writing case studies, blog posts, and more.
- Participate in the organization's podcast. Duties include: developing topics for discussion, creating thumbnails for each episode, participating as a guest and host for each episode.
- Performing all other responsibilites and duties as assigned
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION YOU MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN AN ACCREDITED COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY PROGRAM IN WHICH THE INTERNSHIP WILL COUNT TOWARDS A SCHOOL CREDIT.
Preference will be given to candidates who are currently enrolled in college/university programs relevant to Media Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design or related field of study.
What YOU will bring to Cosmos Sports:
- Ability to work as an effective team player, as well as independently
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Strong understanding of Adobe Suite Programs and Microsoft
- Previous experience in graphic design and marketing is an asset
In wake of the pandemic, our top priority is the health and safety of both staff and students. Therefore, students will most likely complete their internship from home. If this changes, candidates and their schools will be notified immediately.
- Candidates are encouraged to submit a resume AND cover letter.
- Cosmos Sports & Entertainment is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, First Nations people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
- While we appreciate all applicants’ interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.