Corporate Sponsorship Account Executive - CurlOn (Full Time) - Cosmos Sports & Entertainment
Sales & MarketingFull TimeMississauga, ON
Start Date: Immediate
Position Type: Full Time, Contract
Compensation: To be determined (commensurate with experience)
Cosmos Sports & Entertainment is actively scouting a passionate, enthusiastic, and motivated self-starter to join our team as a Corporate Sponsorship Account Executive. The Corporate Sponsorship Account Executive will be tasked with developing new sponsorships for play a key role in servicing Cosmos’ client - CurlON (the Ontario Curling Association).
The Corporate Sponsorship Account Executive will be responsible for the successful execution of the following tasks:
- Procuring initial meetings via phone and email with prospective corporate partners;
- Working with Cosmos’ Partnership Marketing team to put together unique and comprehensive proposals;
- Work collaboratively with Cosmos’ Head of Partnerships to close sponsorship agreements
- Maintaining all prospective sponsor data through the use of the company’s CRM system (Zoho);
- Leveraging the company CRM to develop a weekly pipeline of prospective sponsors: detailing outreach to-date, presentations scheduled and strategic next steps in securing new partners.
Individuals who meet the criteria outlined below are encouraged to apply:
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Business Administration, Marketing, Sports Management or other related field is required;
- 1-2 years in a sports-related and/or sales and service role is required (prior roles that demonstrate a specific interest or exposure to corporate sponsorship are a definite asset).
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven leadership capabilities are a requirement.
- Proven capacity for time management and multitasking is an asset;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and with CRM systems is an asset;
- Passion for the sports and entertainment business – and an appreciation for the sport of Curling in particular - is a definite asset.
- Please submit a resume and cover letter to Cosmos Sports and Entertainment’s recruitment portal: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/cosmos-sports
- Cosmos Sports is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
- While we appreciate all applicants’ interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Cosmos Sports & Entertainment:
Cosmos Sports & Entertainment is a full-service Sales & Marketing firm founded by husband and wife, Cary and Amelia Kaplan in 2003. With strong roots based in sports marketing, Cary and Amelia set out to build a company whose core focus can be summed up by the slogan: “Win the Business”.
Since 2003, Cosmos has continued to expand its reach beyond the sports industry, with a robust portfolio of clients including festivals, entertainment groups and other large-scale events across North America. Our service offerings continue to grow with the ever-changing needs of those in the sports and entertainment industry. It is our endeavour to offer the services that organizations need most - everything from digital media to ticket sales to event management and more!
Today, the Cosmos Sports team defines itself as a diverse collective of creative professionals who share a passion for the sports & entertainment industry. Integrity, strong worth ethic, positive attitude, creativity, teamwork, leadership, independence, confidence, urgency and results orientation are the key values that shape the way we do business on a daily basis.
Formerly the Ontario Curling Association, CurlON is the governing body of curling in Southern Ontario. CurlON encourages and facilitates the growth and development of curling in cooperation with it’s network of member curling clubs and other curling associations.