Sports & Entertainment Account Executive (Reposted 12/12/2019)
Sales & MarketingFull TimeMississauga, ON
Start Date: Immediate
Position Type: Full Time, Entry Level
Compensation:To be determined (will commensurate with experience).
Cosmos Sports & Entertainment is actively seeking an personable, enthusiastic and motivated self-starter to join our team as a Sports & Entertainment Account Executive. The selected candidate will have the unique opportunity to join our youthful, dynamic and highly successful front-line sales & service team and will also see themselves play an integral role in helping our team continue to exceed expectations and targets for our clients.
- Acting as the front line of engagement for prospective and returning ticket buyers - providing exceptional customer service via phone and email.
- Executing on ticket sales campaigns for our broad portfolio of sports and entertainment clientele - i.e. actively engaging in outbound calling, email marketing and prospecting efforts.
- Gaining an in-depth knowledge of all products relevant to assigned ticket sales accounts and being able to apply this knowledge on a regular basis both through phone and email.
- Attending in-person meetings with potentials buyers and supporting senior executives in the sale and closure of complex ticket transactions (i.e. corporate and group ticket purchases).
- Maintaining the company CRM system (Zoho) ensuring that lead, prospect and buyer information is recorded in both a timely and comprehensive fashion.
- Developing and maintaining a healthy pipeline of prospective ticket buyers for assigned client portfolios.
- Engaging in game-day box office and ticket sales support as needed.
- Assisting senior executives with final reporting to clientele as it pertains to sales numbers, targets achieved, and qualitative analysis of tickets sold.
- Achieving and/or exceeding sales targets set forth for assigned ticket sales accounts.
Individuals who meet the criteria outlined below are encouraged to apply:
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Business Administration, Sports Management, Event Management or other related field is required;
- 0-2 years experience in ticket sales, customer service and/or the sports and entertainment industry;
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Powerpoint, Word, etc.) is required;
- Strong phone communication skills with a willingness/ability to ‘warm-call’ is a definite asset;
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as necessary;
- Individuals who exemplify the following 10 qualities in their day-to-day approach to work: Positive attitude, strong work ethic, results-orientation, teamwork, independence, creativity, confidence, leadership and urgency.
- Candidates are encouraged to submit a resume AND cover letter.
- Cosmos Sports is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
- While we appreciate all applicants’ interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Cosmos Sports & Entertainment:
Cosmos Sports & Entertainment is a full service Sales & Marketing firm founded by husband and wife, Cary and Amelia Kaplan in 2003. With strong roots based in sports marketing, Cary and Amelia set out to build a company whose core focus can be summed up by the slogan: “Win the Business”.
Since 2003, Cosmos has continued to expand its reach beyond the sports industry, with a robust portfolio of clients including festivals, entertainment groups and other large-scale events across North America. Our service offerings continue to grow with the ever-changing needs of those in the sports and entertainment industry. It is our endeavour to offer the services that organizations need most - everything from digital media to ticket sales to event management and more!
Today, the Cosmos Sports team defines itself as a diverse collective of creative professionals who share a passion for the sports & entertainment industry. Integrity, strong worth ethic, positive attitude, creativity, teamwork, leadership, independence, confidence, urgency and results orientation are the key values that shape the way we do business on a daily basis.