Manager, Corporate Partnerships (New!)
Sales & MarketingFull TimeMississauga, ON
Start Date: Immediate
Position Type: Full Time, Mid-Level
Compensation: To be determined (will commensurate with experience).
Cosmos Sports & Entertainment is actively seeking a personable, enthusiastic and motivated self-starter to join our team as a Manager of Corporate Partnerships. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Strategy, this role will join a dynamic team dedicated to driving revenue and activating brand partnerships for Cosmos Sports & Entertainment and its properties.This opportunity is for someone who has a genuine passion for relationship building and sponsorship marketing, and is looking for the next step in their career.
- Work collaboratively with the Sponsorship team to drive revenue growth.
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of all properties, their audiences and available assets that can be included in sponsorship proposals.
- Utilize and continuously develop a professional relationship network with brand decision makers.
- Prospect by phone, email, social selling and in person networking to uncover partnership opportunities.
- Conduct research on prospective brands to identify potential fits with Cosmos’ portfolio of properties.
- Schedule in person “Listen & Learn” appointments with prospective partners.
- Prepare proposals utilizing multimedia (pictures, graphics, video etc.) that bring ideas to life.
- Present ideas to prospects in a compelling way that generates excitement for a partnership.
- Help to maintain the company's Customer Relationship Management system (Hubspot) ensuring that lead, prospect and partner information is recorded in both a timely and comprehensive fashion.
- Assist in managing project timelines for roster of partners to ensure fulfillment of partnership programs.
- Develop and ensure a high-level of client service and communication with all current and future partners.
- Assist senior executives with reporting to clientele as it pertains to sales numbers, targets achieved, and qualitative analysis of sponsorship sales efforts.
- Provide partners with post event analysis and reports on a timely basis.
- Serve as a player-coach, supporting the management and development of junior staff and interns.
Individuals who meet the criteria outlined below are encouraged to apply:
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Business Administration, Sports Management, Event Management or other related field is required.
- 1-2 years experience with a brand, property or agency, preferably in a sponsorship or marketing capacity.
- Proven experience with creating and building strategic sponsorship plans.
- Strong account management skills.
- Genuine passion for relationship building. Meeting new people energizes you.
- Self-starter who can work independently to manage multiple partnerships, while at the same time pitching new business.
- Strong communication skills with experience presenting ideas to clients.
- Willingness and ability to use one’s personal network to uncover new leads and facilitate introductions.
- Be creative in pushing the boundaries of traditional sponsorship.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A resourceful attitude towards work, meaning an ability to solve problems even when the conditions to do so aren’t perfect.
- Commitment to work that is correct, complete, detailed and professional.
- Ability to communicate both clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Insatiable appetite for learning, growing and advancing.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Exemplify the following 10 qualities in their day-to-day approach to work: Positive attitude, strong work ethic, results-orientation, teamwork, independence, creativity, confidence, leadership and urgency.
- Candidates are encouraged to submit a resume AND cover letter.
- Cosmos Sports & Entertainment is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
- While we appreciate all applicants’ interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Cosmos Sports & Entertainment:
Cosmos Sports & Entertainment is a full service Sales & Marketing firm founded by husband and wife, Cary and Amelia Kaplan in 2003. With strong roots based in sports marketing, Cary and Amelia set out to build a company whose core focus can be summed up by the slogan: “Win the Business”.
Since 2003, Cosmos has continued to expand its reach beyond the sports industry, with a robust portfolio of clients including festivals, entertainment groups and other large-scale events across North America. Our service offerings continue to grow with the ever-changing needs of those in the sports and entertainment industry. It is our endeavour to offer the services that organizations need most - everything from digital media to ticket sales to event management and more!
Today, the Cosmos’ team defines itself as a diverse collective of creative professionals who share a passion for the sports & entertainment industry. Integrity, strong worth ethic, positive attitude, creativity, teamwork, leadership, independence, confidence, urgency and results orientation are the key values that shape the way we do business on a daily basis.