Sr. Account Executive - Partnerships (Brampton Beast Hockey Club) (Reposted: 02/10/2020)
Sales & MarketingFull TimeMississauga, ON
Start Date: Immediate
Position Type: Full Time, Entry-level
Compensation: To be determined (will commensurate with experience).
The Brampton Beast Hockey Club is actively seeking a personable, enthusiastic and motivated self-starter to join our team as a Sr. Account Executive - Partnerships. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Strategy, this role will join a dynamic team dedicated to driving revenue and activating brand partnerships for the Brampton Beast and CAA Centre.This opportunity is for someone who has a genuine passion for relationship building and sponsorship marketing, and is looking to launch their career in the field.
- Work collaboratively with the Sponsorship team to drive revenue growth.
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of the Beast & CAA Centre, their audiences and available assets that can be included in sponsorship proposals.
- Utilize and continuously develop a professional relationship network with brand decision makers.
- Prospect by phone, email, social selling and in person networking to uncover partnership opportunities.
- Conduct research on prospective brands to identify potential fits with either the Beast or CAA Centre.
- Schedule in person “Listen & Learn” appointments with prospective partners.
- Prepare proposals utilizing multimedia (pictures, graphics, video etc.) that bring ideas to life.
- Present ideas to prospects in a compelling way that generates excitement for a partnership.
- Help to maintain the company's Customer Relationship Management system (Hubspot) ensuring that lead, prospect and partner information is recorded in both a timely and comprehensive fashion.
- Assist in managing project timelines for roster of partners to ensure fulfillment of partnership programs.
- Develop and ensure a high-level of client service and communication with all current and future partners.
- Provide partners with post event analysis and reports on a timely basis.
Individuals who meet the criteria outlined below are encouraged to apply:
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Business Administration, Sports Management, Event Management or other related field is required.
- Internship experience with a brand, property or agency, preferably in a sponsorship or marketing capacity.
- Proven experience with creating and building strategic sponsorship plans.
- Strong account management skills.
- Genuine passion for relationship building. Meeting new people energizes you.
- Self-starter who can work independently to manage multiple partnerships, while at the same time pitching new business.
- Strong communication skills with experience presenting ideas to clients.
- Willingness and ability to use one’s personal network to uncover new leads and facilitate introductions.
- Be creative in pushing the boundaries of traditional sponsorship.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A resourceful attitude towards work, meaning an ability to solve problems even when the conditions to do so aren’t perfect.
- Commitment to work that is correct, complete, detailed and professional.
- Ability to communicate both clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Insatiable appetite for learning, growing and advancing.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as necessary. Must be able to attend all Beast (or vast majority) of Beast home games.
- Exemplify the following 10 qualities in their day-to-day approach to work: Positive attitude, strong work ethic, results-orientation, teamwork, independence, creativity, confidence, leadership and urgency.
- Candidates are encouraged to submit a resume AND cover letter.
- The Brampton Beast are committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
- While we appreciate all applicants’ interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the Brampton Beast & CAA Centre:
The Brampton Beast a professional hockey team in Canada. The Beast are members of the ECHL and are affiliated with the NHL’s, Ottawa Senators and AHL’s, Belleville Senators. The Beast play their home games at the newly named CAA Centre (formerly the Powerade Centre) located in the heart of the 905. The team is dedicated to serving the community while continuing to advance the sport of hockey by providing exciting sports entertainment for a growing fan base.