Account Executive Intern (Fall 2020)
Sales & MarketingInternMississauga, ON
Compensation: Unpaid internship
Are you looking to launch a career in the ultra-competitive sports & entertainment industry? Get a huge jump start through the Cosmos Sports internship program. Through the Cosmos internship program, you will receive exceptional industry standard training and practices, and learn the tools that will allow you to immediately jump into the business.
About Cosmos Sports & Entertainment:
Cosmos Sports & Entertainment is a full service Sales & Marketing firm founded by husband and wife, Cary and Amelia Kaplan in 2003. With strong roots based in sports marketing, Cary and Amelia set out to build a company whose core focus can be summed up by the slogan: “Win the Business”.
Since 2003, Cosmos has continued to expand its reach beyond the sports industry, with a robust portfolio of clients including festivals, entertainment groups and other large-scale events across North America. Our service offerings continue to grow with the ever-changing needs of those in the sports and entertainment industry. It is our endeavour to offer the services that organizations need most - everything from digital media to ticket sales to event management and more!
Today, the Cosmos Sports team defines itself as a diverse collective of creative professionals who share a passion for the sports & entertainment industry. Integrity, strong worth ethic, positive attitude, creativity, teamwork, leadership, independence, confidence, urgency and results orientation are the key values that shape the way we do business on a daily basis.
Cosmos Sports & Entertainment is scouting for committed, energetic, and outgoing individuals with a passion for both sales and sports. The Account Executive internship provides a hands-on learning experience for those eager to obtain a position in the industry in the scope of sales and service. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Take the lead on community marketing outreach program development, management and evaluation.
- Developing and maintaining a healthy pipeline of prospective ticket buyers for assigned client portfolios.
- Executing on ticket sales campaigns for our broad portfolio of sports and entertainment clientele - i.e. actively engaging in outbound calling, email marketing and prospecting efforts.
- Attending in-person meetings with potentials buyers and supporting senior executives in the sale and closure of complex ticket transactions (i.e. corporate and group ticket purchases).
- Managing details and maximizing presence of Cosmos clients at events. Research on other local events.
- Development, management and execution of large-scale projects and events
- Maintaining internal CRM databases and correspondence with current and potential clients
- Performing all other responsibilities and duties as assigned
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN AN ACCREDITED COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY PROGRAM.
Preference will be given to candidates who are currently enrolled in college/university programs relevant to Business, Marketing, Sport Management or related field of study.
What YOU will bring to Cosmos Sports:
- Ability to work as an effective team player, as well as independently
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Strong understanding of MS Office Applications
- Previous sales experience is an asset
- Candidates are encouraged to submit a resume AND cover letter.
- Cosmos Sports is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, First Nations people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
- While we appreciate all applicants’ interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.