Junior Executive Assistant
Administrative/Human ResourcesFull TimeMississauga, ON
Junior Executive Assistant (Full Time) - Cosmos Sports & Entertainment
Start Date: Immediate
Position Type: Full-Time, Entry Level
Compensation: To be determined (will commensurate with experience).
Cosmos Sports & Entertainment is actively seeking a detail-oriented, enthusiastic and motivated self-starter to join our team as an Executive Assistant. This unique opportunity combines the disciplines of administrative support with business development, and will have the incumbent playing an integral role in continuing Cosmos’ growth as a leader in the sports and entertainment industry.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for the successful execution of the following tasks:
- Assisting the President in maintaining his calendar by overseeing the arrangement of meetings and appointments between internal/external contacts;
- Receiving, screening, referring and redirecting all inbound telephone calls, e-mails, and visitors as required;
- Providing clerical support as needed (i.e. supply ordering, managing incoming/outbound mail, etc.);
- Designing and implementing a filing system within the company CRM for the President’s use;
- Facilitating travel arrangements as needed, ensuring full itineraries and supporting documentation are provided in a timely fashion;
- Collaborating with the Vice-President on the planning and execution of company social events and regular team-building activities;
- Providing meeting support to Cosmos’ senior executives: note-taking and ensuring availability of all office resources (i.e boardroom, conference call technology, etc.).
Individuals who meet the criteria outlined below are encouraged to apply:
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Business Administration, Human Resources, Sports Management or other related field is required;
- 1-2 years in an administrative assistant role or prior experience providing support to senior level executives is required;
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Powerpoint, Word, etc.) is required;
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written is an asset;
- Polished, professional demeanour with the proven ability to establish and maintain strong interpersonal relationships is an asset;
- Proficiency with a broad scope of web-based applications is a definite asset (particularly gmail, google calendar, google drive, Zoho CRM and Collage HRIS);
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays on on occasion.
- Please submit a resume and cover letter to Cosmos Sports and Entertainment’s recruitment portal: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/cosmos-sports.
- Cosmos Sports is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
- While we appreciate all applicants’ interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Cosmos Sports & Entertainment:
Cosmos Sports & Entertainment is a full service Sales & Marketing firm founded by husband and wife, Cary and Amelia Kaplan in 2003. With strong roots based in sports marketing, Cary and Amelia set out to build a company whose core focus can be summed up by the slogan: “Win the Business”.
Since 2003, Cosmos has continued to expand its reach beyond the sports industry, with a robust portfolio of clients including festivals, entertainment groups and other large-scale events across North America. Our service offerings continue to grow with the ever-changing needs of those in the sports and entertainment industry. It is our endeavour to offer the services that organizations need most - everything from digital media to ticket sales to event management and more!
Today, the Cosmos Sports team defines itself as a diverse collective of creative professionals who share a passion for the sports & entertainment industry. Integrity, strong worth ethic, positive attitude, creativity, teamwork, leadership, independence, confidence, urgency and results orientation are the key values that shape the way we do business on a daily basis.