Mechanical Engineering Co-op Student
CorwestTempPort Coquitlam, BC
Corwest Fabrications Ltd. (Corwest) is a dynamic, market-leading Canadian company, experienced internationally and recognized as a leader in the fabrication and manufacture of Piping, Tanks and Pressure Vessels using stainless steel and specialty metal alloys, including titanium and nickel alloys to end use markets such as pulp & paper, energy, oil & gas, chemical and general industrial markets.
Leading edge technology, coupled with a constant drive, considerable ambition, a passion for quality and great dedication to our customers, has enabled Corwest to develop and grow.
We are looking for a motivated individual who is committed to growing their professional career at Corwest while gaining valuable knowledge and experience through a variety of assignments.
- Assist Estimating Team in winning work for Corwest
- Participate in the development of various types of estimates, from conceptual estimates for proposals and early conceptual studies, to detailed estimates for projects
- Review tender documents to determine the scope of work and perform quantity take-offs
- Assist in the maintenance of files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current information on prices from suppliers
- Participate in the management of construction work programs and ensure accuracy and adherence to, plans, designs and specifications of the project.
- Prepare progress reports and risk assessments
- Assist in managing procurement and logistics of projects, including the contracts, variations, direct labour, plant and equipment
- Identify and advise the Project Manager promptly of conditions which may affect the project scope or the client's interests
- Provide input into design processes and/or construction methods
- Review and comment on changes in specifications and plans, work techniques and materials
- Verify that all completed work conforms with applicable codes and project specifications, drawings and standards
- Field management duties as assigned by the Project Manager
- Strong commitment to Health, Safety & the Environment
- Mechanical Engineering Co-op student that has completed, at a minimum, 2nd year of the Engineering program
- Interested in pursuing a career in industrial construction
- Knowledge of cost control, estimating and planning techniques
- Use of computer software: Oracle Primavera P6, AutoCAD, MS Project and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written
- High personal, professional and ethical standards
- Initiative and sound judgment
- A collaborative, proactive, and results oriented approach
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Sound prioritization/time-management skills
- Ability to identify problems/issues and generate solutions and make sound decisions using standard procedures
The term of employment is 8-12 months beginning in January 2023. To qualify for the Co-op student position, you must currently be enrolled in the Co-op program and continuing your education after your work term.
“We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Corwest Fabrication Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.”
Corwest Fabrications Ltd. does not accept and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited résumés from agencies. Agencies should not submit resumes in response to this posting, to Vanpile employees or any associated company location.