Learning Design Specialist
DesignFull TimeVancouver, BC
Learning Design Specialist
Corporate Finance Institute® (CFI) is a leading global provider of online financial modeling and valuation courses. Since 2016, CFI’s programs and certifications have been delivered to over 900,000 individuals at top universities, investment banks, accounting firms, and operating companies around the world. CFI’s courses give students the practical skills, templates, and tools they need to advance their career.
About the role
Corporate Finance Institute® is looking for an experienced Learning Design Specialist to join our fast-growing team. We’re looking for a passionate and open minded individual, who will listen and implement different perspectives, is reliable to complete assigned responsibilities before pre-specified deadlines, creative in forming new ideas and opinions, humble in learning and admitting mistakes, and effective in completing work in an ever-changing environment.
As an ideal candidate, you are familiar with a wide and evolving range of learning theories and educational technologies. You have strong skills and experience to design and develop high-quality online learning solutions.
- Work with instructors, subject matter experts, and external clients to assess learning needs and identify learning objectives.
- Determine the most appropriate instructional strategies and modalities to translate curriculum content into engaging and effective online training programs.
- Create curriculum outlines, course storyboards, presentations, videos, interactive content, case studies, assessments, and other deliverables to accomplish the established learning objectives.
- Research existing and evolving learning technologies and instructional design practices to improve the current course design and delivery.
- Apply design skills to bring together text, illustrations, video, audio, and animation into engaging lessons and learning materials.
- Review and evaluate the effectiveness of the existing courses; combine surveys, assessment results, and other internal/external feedback to implement course improvements and ongoing maintenance.
- Work with the LMS and exam platform for tasks including publishing courses, generating reports, and recommending best practices for implementation.
- Work with business clients on e-Learning delivery, quality assurance, and reporting.
- A diploma or degree in adult education, curriculum development, educational technology, or related areas
- Minimum of three years’ successful experience designing and developing online training programs
- Strong knowledge of instructional design methodologies and adult learning theories
- Proficiency with e-Learning authoring tools (Articulate suite), video editing tools (Camtasia and Adobe Premiere), and other technologies related to e-Learning development
- Successful experience working with LMS and CMS platforms
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Ability to work effectively independently and with a team
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with shifting priorities and timelines
- Motivated in personal development and keeping up-to-date on learning design and technology
- Knowledge in finance and accounting
- Experience in graphic design and animation
Working at CFI
- Team activities and social events
- Friendly and welcoming work environment
- Opportunities to work remotely
- Casual attire
- Education is the center of all our efforts, and we take it seriously! We provide learning and development opportunities through lunch & learns, mentorship, a $500 education allowance and of course all our CFI courses!
- We offer a dynamic environment with multiple ongoing projects that will allow you to make an impact with your work. We value everyone's contribution and give team members an equal opportunity to contribute daily to our goals.
- Our office is located in Downtown Vancouver, well connected to major transit routes, and bike-friendly.
CFI and Covid-19
Our Recruiting efforts have adjusted to guarantee a fair, positive and inclusive experience to all candidates. We are screening over the phone and running team interviews over video conferencing. No meeting is taking place at our Office at this time.
On-boarding is conducted virtually for new employees. Our tech team ensures all new hires are equipped with laptops and the resources they’ll need for their new role with us. So far, we have received very positive feedback from our new hires!
CFI Education is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.