Business Development Representative
Sales & MarketingFull TimeRemote
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Sales, the Business Development Representative will be responsible for significant contributions to CFI’s overall B2B growth strategy, in addition to the primary responsibility of identifying new quality opportunities through research, outbound activities and building a strong pipeline for the sales team.
Business Development Representatives are tasked with educating prospects about the benefits of our offering to help support the various eLearning programs in place.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Generating leads and meeting and/or exceeding set growth targets.
- Research around various industries and geographic regions to target potential prospect companies.
- Identify and contact key stakeholders, Articulating CFI’s value proposition to decision-makers across multiple platforms to assess interest in E-Learning opportunities.
- Follow up with inbound leads via email, phone and other forms of communication. Passing qualified leads onto Account Executives.
- Having a strong knowledge of CFI’s course offerings, vernacular and programs.
- Scheduling calls and meetings to Demonstrate the courses and programs to Clients and prospects.
- Maintain accurate CRM so that accounts, data and pipleline are up to date.
- Coordinating sales efforts with Marketing programs
- Two to Five years of sales experience, preferably within the education sector.
- Track record of success in over-achieving quarterly and annual sales quotas and targets.
- Proven experience in driving enterprise sales through identifying market size and focus, developing sales pipelines, penetrating new accounts, and owning the sales process within a relationship selling environment.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills.
- Relationship building, superior time management and problem solving skills are a must.
- Experience implementing and utilizing a variety of sales automation tools, in addition to other relevant technology and platforms.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, high performance environment.
- Sales Engagement tool
- LinkedIn Navigator
CFI offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and excellent opportunities as a member of a leadership team of a fast-growing company.
Working at CFI
- You’ll get to work directly with the CEO
- Friendly and welcoming work environment
- Education is the center of all our efforts, and we take it seriously! We provide learning and development opportunities through lunch & learns, mentorship, a $500 education allowance and of course all our CFI courses!
- Extended health coverage, vacation and RRSP matching
- We offer a dynamic environment with multiple ongoing projects that will allow you to make an impact with your work. We value everyone's contribution and give team members an equal opportunity to contribute daily to our goals.
CFI growing during Covid-19
CFI’s team moved remote on March 16th 2020 to allow everyone to avoid commuting and sharing working spaces.
All team members have been provided with the essentials to reproduce a productive work environment at home.
As per June 2020, we are still mainly remote while offering "hot desks" at the office.
Our Recruiting efforts have adjusted to guarantee a fair, positive and inclusive experience to all candidates. We are screening over the phone and running team interviews over video conferencing. No meeting is taking place at our Office at this time.
On-boarding is conducted virtually for new employees. Our tech team ensures all new hires are equipped laptops and the resources they’ll need for their new role with us. So far, we have received very positive feedback from our new hires!
CFI Education is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.