Financial Analyst Co-op
**CFI is looking to have the successful candidate starting in January 2021**
Corporate Finance Institute® (CFI) is a leading provider of online finance training and certifications for professionals working in investment banking, capital markets, equity research, corporate development, FP&A, and truly any corporate finance position.
CFI’s courses empower you with the practical skills and knowledge employers seek by delivering interactive and relevant to real-life exercises using various tools and templates to help you achieve your career ambitions. We are a locally founded company in Vancouver, B.C. and we hope to have an intern join us to learn the finance industry from the inside out.
Working at CFI
Our goal is for CFI interns to have an experience that will empower them with the confidence and skills needed to successfully land the job of his/her dreams upon graduation. Our company is an eLearning institution, and we succeed when our students succeed. By working with our team to help develop and execute the career driven content, the intern will take away practical and skills-based learning outcomes that are outside the world of academia and in the real working world.
With CFI’s programs focusing on financial modeling and valuations; capital markets and securities; as well as business intelligence and data analysis, CFI interns will be set up for success when entering the full-time workforce.
We have a very special and unique culture that has allowed us to achieve great business outcomes together while having fun. Each team member exudes positivity, passion, open-mindedness, reliability, and humility – we are a true team and look forward to leading by example in soft-skills.
- Assist the Financial Analyst Team with building financial models and Excel templates (ex. discounted cash flows, valuations, etc. for online courses)
- Conduct online research, and help in the publishing process of educational articles on a wide variety of topics in finance
- Help audit and review new/existing course content on CFI's eLearning platform
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as necessary, which may involve working with different functional teams (i.e. marketing)
- A demonstrated interest in careers in finance – working towards completing a business degree specializing in accounting and finance is a clear interest; however, this is not the only way
- A keen interest in learning about capital markets, investment banking, and data science
- A strong basic understanding of fundamental corporate finance concepts that would be introduced in a typical undergraduate finance course
- Strong work ethic with an enthusiasm to learn, and become a power user of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- A passion for working with a team of positive, humble, and collaborative people to create eLearning experiences that deliver meaningful and impactful results
- Working towards the FMVA® designation is an asset
- Bring a positive, eager, and can-do attitude and we will teach you the rest!
CFI’s Growth During Covid-19
CFI’s team moved remote on March 16th, 2020 to allow everyone to avoid commuting and sharing working spaces. All team members have been provided with the necessities to reproduce a productive work environment at home. As per November 2020, we are still mainly remote while offering limited seating at the office.
Our recruiting efforts have adjusted to guarantee a fair, positive and inclusive experience to all candidates. We are screening over the phone and running team interviews over video conferencing. No meetings are taking place at our office at this time.
Onboarding is conducted virtually for new employees. Our tech team ensures all new hires are equipped with laptops and the resources they’ll need for their new role with CFI. So far, we have received very positive feedback from our new hires!
CFI Education is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.