Student Support Specialist
Sales & MarketingFull TimeVancouver, BC
The Corporate Finance Institute® (CFI) is a leading provider of online finance training and certifications for professionals working in investment banking, equity research, corporate development, FP&A, and other corporate finance positions. CFI courses give you practical skills, templates, and tools you need to move up the ladder.
About The Role
CFI is looking for a bright, motivated, and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Student Support Specialist.
The Student Support Specialist will be the first point of contact for our students, ensuring they are all supported in a friendly and professional manner. This exciting opportunity is ideal for a motivated individual who enjoys a multifaceted role in combining customer service and administrative support.
If you love helping people, a fast-paced start-up environment, and have a "can-do" attitude, we'd love to hear from you!
- Assist prospective customers with product information and site navigation, as well as research and resolve client inquiries by email, phone, and social media (Hootsuite and Mention)
- Address inquiries regarding student enrollment, course and program offerings, invoices, completion certificates, etc.
- Review and process financial aid applications
- Process physical certificate orders of our students in a timely and orderly manner
- Assist the sales team with lead generation through collecting information from our students and adding it to CRM
- Track inquiries to their resolution, escalating issues when necessary
- Utilize a thorough knowledge of CFI courses when responding to information requests by students
- Accurately record & process invoices for clients, and address transaction trace requests when necessary
- Maintain and update Customer Service Manuals, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), and Help Centre Articles
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing, Marketing Department, and CEO in preparation of new marketing materials, website content, and program brochures
- Perform other administrative duties as required
- 2-3 years of customer service and administrative experience
- College diploma in one of the related fields, or an appropriate combination of education and experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
- Is flexible, and has strong multitasking & organizational skills
- Is organized, flexible and multi-task oriented
- Is a supportive team player, yet enjoys working independently
- Thrives in a fast-paced learning environment
- Can work well under pressure, having a friendly, patient demeanor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Sheets, Docs)
- Background in Finance/Accounting
- Previous experience in marketing
- Passion for online learning and technology
Working at CFI
- Team activities and social events
- Friendly and welcoming work environment
- Opportunities to work remotely
- Casual attire
- Education is the center of all our efforts, and we take it seriously! We provide learning and development opportunities through lunch & learns, mentorship, a $500 education allowance and of course all our CFI courses!
- We offer a dynamic environment with multiple ongoing projects that will allow you to make an impact with your work. We value everyone's contribution and give team members an equal opportunity to contribute daily to our goals.
- Our office is located in the Downtown core, well connected to major transit routes, and bike-friendly.
- Kitchen is stocked with healthy snacks, coffee and tea, kombucha and avocados.
CFI growing during Covid-19
CFI’s team moved remote on March 16th 2020 to allow everyone to avoid commuting and sharing working spaces. All team members have been provided with all the necessaries to reproduce a productive work environment at home.
As per June 2020, we are still mainly remote while offering hot desking at the office.
Our Recruiting efforts have adjusted to guarantee a fair, positive and inclusive experience to all candidates. We are screening over the phone and running team interviews over video conferencing. No meeting is taking place at our Office at this time.
On-boarding is conducted virtually for new employees. Our tech team ensures all new hires are equipped with laptops and the resources they’ll need for their new role with CFI.
So far, we have received very positive feedback from our new hires!
CFI Education is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.