DesignFull TimeVancouver, BC
We’re hiring a Graphic Designer!
CFI is an online education company—our goal is to help anyone become a world-class financial analyst.
We’re a fun, tight-knit group that values collaboration, humility and the mindset for constant learning and improvement. We’re looking for bright, collaborative individuals to be a part of our inclusive, inquisitive culture as we continue to grow our products and team.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for an experienced (2 to 4 years) graphic & video designer to own the creation and maintenance of our marketing assets and e-learning content to support our marketing goals and student needs.
You’ll be making a big impact on our team. You’ll work with our Marketing team members to create engaging multimedia assets such as video and various graphics for our online community. You will also collaborate with our eLearning team to visualize our eLearning course designs in PowerPoint, as well as design infographics and various learning materials.
What you’ll be doing
- Take ownership of the visual design and video production process.
- Create marketing content (social media assets, video, visual assets) for our marketing and promotional materials.
- Create icons, infographics and visual assets for our website, courses and promotional materials.
- Help bring new ideas for design and content creation to the team using your expertise and eye for great design.
- Collaborate with the design team to create landing pages for our millions of web visitors.
Learning & Development focused:
- Work with our eLearning team to visualize ways to improve CFI’s learning materials, including our PowerPoint course templates and slides.
- Provide support with editing video and audio.
.. plus: Manage other design needs from the team as needed.
What excites you
- You are a visual person and have a keen eye for details.
- You love learning and are comfortable taking on new challenges and learning on the go.
- You have a passion for marketing and design.
- You have a passion for video, motion, and audio.
- You always look for new ways to improve the quality of your work.
- You love making an impact and are passionate about education and the digital industry.
- You enjoy working on a variety of projects.
What excites us
- Previous experience designing in agencies, software, finance, or education.
- Solid understanding of video production, editing audio, and motion graphics
- Expert working knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, AfterEffects) or similar technologies.
- A driven self-starter who is excited to collaborate with, influence, and impact different cross-functional partners and teams.
- Stellar written and oral communication skills; you can clearly communicate design decisions with a solid rationale that uses research and data.
- Proficient in analytics and market testing.
- Ability to continuously incorporate constructive feedback.
- A portfolio that shows you’re capable of executing a variety of design projects, such as advertisements, video, branding, websites, and more.
It’d be great, but not required if you had:
- Experience animating graphics and infographics
- Comfortable with operating a DSLR and lighting equipment
- Knowledge of SEO and web accessibility
- Solid understanding of UI and UX design
Working at CFI
- You’ll get to work directly with the CEO!
- Team activities and social events
- Friendly and welcoming work environment
- Opportunities to work remotely
- Casual attire
- Education is the center of all our efforts, and we take it seriously! We provide learning and development opportunities through lunch & learns, mentorship, a $500 education allowance and of course all our CFI courses!
- We offer a dynamic environment with multiple ongoing projects that will allow you to make an impact with your work. We value everyone's contribution and give team members an equal opportunity to contribute daily to our goals.
- Our office is located in the Downtown core, well connected to major transit routes, and bike-friendly.
- Kitchen is stocked with healthy snacks, coffee and tea, kombucha and avocados.
CFI growing during Covid-19
CFI’s team moved remote on March 16th 2020 to allow everyone to avoid commuting and sharing working spaces. All team members have been provided with all the necessaire to reproduce a productive work environment at home.
As per June 2020, we are still mainly remote while offering hot desking at the office.
Our Recruiting efforts have adjusted to guarantee a fair, positive and inclusive experience to all candidates. We are screening over the phone and running team interviews over video conferencing. No meeting is taking place at our Office at this time.
On-boarding is conducted virtually for new employees. Our tech team ensures all new hires are equipped laptops and the resources they’ll need for their new role with us. So far, we have received very positive feedback from our new hires!
CFI Education is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.