UX/UI Lead Designer
DesignFull TimeVancouver, BC
UX/UI Lead Designer
About Corporate Finance Institute (CFI)
CFI is a leading online platform educator for financial analysts with more than 350,000 students worldwide.
We are on a mission to give anyone, worldwide, the opportunity to advance their financial knowledge and career.
Headquartered in Vancouver, CFI is growing fast and looking for bright, collaborative individuals to be part of our inclusive and inquisitive culture.
We’re looking for outstanding people to help us innovate and scale as we continue to expand and improve our products, design system, website, and processes.
The UX/UI Lead Designer will improve and maintain our digital products and test new ways of interactions and visual designs. This includes design from concept to development, shaping the future of our design direction, and helping our team grow and learn. This position will report to the CTO.
As a successful candidate, you should have experience with product design, UX/UI, interaction design, user research, information architecture and visual hierarchy.
You live and breathe in pixels and can easily visualize your ideas in scaling responsive patterns. You focus on data-driven design, prototyping, testing and iterating to validate your designs.
We have the user in mind and our team is collaborative, flexible, and always seeking to learn more and improve our products.
What you’ll be doing
- Leading and mentoring a small team of designers, including coaching, feedback and performance
- Meeting with our cross-functional team, strategizing, and building innovative applications and features
- Following and contributing to internal guidelines and CFI’s design system
- Overseeing that the brand and design style is properly implemented across all digital products
- Executing all product design stages from concept to pre-production and hand-off to developers
- Implementing user testing and research
- Creating wireframes, mock-ups and clickable prototypes that showcase interaction design, user paths and decision making
- Translating feedback and data into new designs for our digital products in order to improve the conversion rate
- Ensuring accessibility standards are met
- Updating management and the team on a monthly basis on quarterly goal reporting
- Leading the weekly progress updates with the design & development team
- Working autonomously, or with little direction
- Leading the B2B design & development of our business products
- 4+ years of experience working with online platforms and web design
- Proven experience in project management or leading a small design team
- Proficiency with the following tools: Figma, Principle or ProtoPie, Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects)
- Demonstrated mastery of UX and UI principles
- Experience with user testing and research
- Working knowledge in WCAG 2.1 AA accessible guidelines
- You are up to date with the latest design trends, techniques and technologies, but you also have the ability to design around the trends instead of following them
Good to have
- Platform experience in WordPress (themes and content management)
- Mobile app design experience
- Understanding of front-end development
- Understanding of the differences between B2C and B2B design workflow
- Knowledge of SEO
- Interest in finance or ed-tech is a bonus
You’ll be making a real impact on our product and the team. We will learn and challenge each other to constantly improve our work and processes.
More about our benefits
We offer good perks:
- Competitive salary
- 4-week vacation
- Work-life balance
- Flexible working options
- Annual allowance to support your learning & development
- Lots more, like a healthy fridge!
We aim to have an inclusive and diverse range of perspectives and experiences, and never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.