TechnologyFull TimeWestmount, QC
Full-time position located in Montreal.
Work with a purpose.
CoPower is a leading fintech company that helps investors of all sizes make a profit while making a difference. Through our online platform, individuals can invest in green bonds and funds that support real renewable energy and energy efficiency projects across Canada. We’re strongly backed by brand-name investors like RBC Generator Fund, Fondaction CSN and Ferst Capital Partners. CoPower is Canada’s clean energy investing platform, and a proud certified B-Corporation.
We’re part of a new wave of tech companies that are rethinking finance: if fintech, impact investing, or clean energy are trends that excite you, this is the best place to be.
Here’s what you’ll do:
We’ve built a robust and full-featured investment platform that hundreds of clients have used to invest nearly $25 million for the good of the environment. Our team is experienced and careful in its development processes and we’re proud of the culture of quality engineering we’ve established.
Our software team is growing and we’re looking for a talented full-stack developer. Working closely with CoPower’s Software Architect, you’ll be responsible for working on projects related to all parts of our technology stack including both backend and frontend projects.
This is an intermediate to senior role within our software development team.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Working on backend projects in PHP and Java
- Planning refactor of frontend with more modern frontend framework
- Working on database programming in MySQL
- Working with third party APIs and implementing them into our platform
- Working closely with our investor relations, marketing and legal departments to ensure uniform UX across our web platform
- At least 3-5 years working on a commercial web platform tech stack
- Comfortable with Git in a Unix environment
- Experience with at least 1 modern front-end framework (Angular, React)
- Experience with a CSS preprocessors like Sass or Less
- Understanding of design patterns like MVC and factory design pattern
- Experience with at least one PHP development framework (CakePHP, Laravel)
- Experience working on a LAMP stack
- Experience with AWS services (EC2, RDS, Lambda)
- Experience with a CMS like WordPress
- Experience with OOP standards
- Experience with dependency/package managers like Composer or Maven
- Fluency in Java or other programming languages
Nice to have:
- Projects that showcase your frontend and backend development experience
- Experience in refactoring code
- Familiarity with financial-services and investment concepts
- Good communication skills
What you get:
- A job that you can be proud of and that helps the environment
- A role in a great team, with a culture of respect for quality engineering
- Time and budget support for professional growth: classes, coaching and certification
- Competitive compensation package, eligibility for stock ownership plan and comprehensive benefits
- Extensive video game collection
- Dog Friendly Office
- We are an equal-opportunity employer.
- Don’t wait to apply! We will hire as soon as we find the right person.