Sales Representative (SaaS/SMB)
commonsku is a fast-growing SaaS company that changes the way businesses within the $25 Billion promotional products space work. We empower entrepreneurs to grow their businesses by creating a more collaborative and streamlined product-based supply chain.
We are on a mission to change the industry by democratizing technology to enable an open playing field. But, we don't just sell software; we believe in helping our customers build better businesses through community, with events, content, and within our platform itself. We care deeply about the power of brand and design, investing heavily in both. We have built a brand that is deeply respected and trusted within the industry and that means the world to us.
Our culture is diverse and friendly, with a laid-back enthusiasm and sense of humour that makes collaboration easy. Each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of our customers. We’re passionate about our customers and their success, and we love fostering an environment that ignites creativity and celebrates the entrepreneur. We are remote-first working with a team across Canada and the US.
About the You and the Role
As a Sales Rep at commonsku, you are an evangelist for transforming small businesses. You believe selling software isn’t just about technology, but providing a new way for your prospects to run their businesses, accelerating their growth and ours at the same time. You own the entire sales cycle, from prospecting, to discovery calls, demos, and closing the deal - taking equal care with prospects in each stage of the process. Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, you will be part of a collaborative support team, with a continuous improvement approach and a growth mindset.
This role is remote but our ideal candidate is based in the Toronto area to best support the Canada and US Eastern territory.
Areas of Focus
- Managing the progress of a prospect through the B2B sales cycle with the ultimate goal of turning them into a customer
- Prospecting within your assigned territory including cold calling, direct messaging on social platforms, and emailing
- Scheduling and conducting Discovery Calls to understand prospects’ pain points and fit
- Conducting software demos to prospective clients
- Handling high volumes of sales calls while promptly following up on qualified leads
- Maintaining a detail-oriented and organized approach with sales cycle management
- Achieving monthly quotas, and quarterly and annual sales targets
- Collaborating closely within the Sales team, working with Business Development Representatives and Sales Ops to create a seamless prospect experience
- Collaborating with Marketing and Success teams to ensure the the ensure prospect-to-customer experience is delightful
Skills and Experience
- 2 years experience in the SaaS industry in a sales function selling Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) solutions
- Highly self-motivated with a drive to succeed in the face of unique challenges
- Previous prospecting experience, including cold calling and conducting discovery calls
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and high volumes of leads in an organized and timely manner
- Strong presentation skills, including proven experience providing software demos to prospective clients
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with common SaaS sales tools like Hubspot (or other CRM), Gong, Google Workspace, and more
- Strong desire to learn, work closely with senior management, and grow yourself in sales within the SaaS industry
- Capacity to work in a team environment while also managing responsibilities independently
- Familiarity SaaS industry and best practice sales strategies, particularly for businesses focused on MRR
Compensation for this role includes base salary, commissions, and discretionary bonuses, as well as company benefits. On-Target-Earnings (OTE) are up to $130,000 CAD.
Apply now at commonsku.com/careers! We’ll review your application and get back to you as soon as we can.
commonsku is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.