commonsku is a fast-growing SaaS company that changes the way businesses within the $25 Billion promotional products space work. We empower entrepreneurs to grow their businesses by creating a more collaborative and streamlined product-based supply chain.
We are on a mission to change the industry by democratizing technology to enable an open playing field. But, we don't just sell software; we believe in helping our customers build better businesses through community, with events, content, and within our platform itself. We care deeply about the power of brand and design, investing heavily in both. We have built a brand that is deeply respected and trusted within the industry and that means the world to us.
Our culture is diverse and friendly, with a laid-back enthusiasm and sense of humour that makes collaboration easy. We’re passionate about our customers and their success, and we love fostering an environment that ignites creativity and celebrates the entrepreneur. We are remote and work seamlessly with a distributed team across Canada and the US.
You are a proactive, conscientious accounting professional with a keen eye for detail. You are looking for an opportunity to dive into a full-cycle accounting position for a growing SaaS business, partnering across the business to manage the day-to-day aspects of accounting operations while also learning about reporting, analytics, and more to develop your career long-term.
About the Role
This role expands the commonsku Finance & Operations team, focusing on scaling our capacity and capabilities. Reporting to the Director, Finance & Operations, the role will own processes across the Accounting function, working closely with management across the business.
This role is fully remote. Travel is required based on business needs such as meetings, employee events, and more.
Areas of Focus
- Ensure timely, accurate month-end closing and financial reporting
- Prepare and close monthly and annual financial statements
- Manage account reconciliations, including banking reconciliations, credit card reconciliations and more
- Support AP and AR processes
- Support forecasting and budgeting exercises
- Prepare and review profit and loss models, balance sheets and other management reports
- Perform budgeting variance and forecasting analysis
- Prepare reporting based on SaaS Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Coordinate and liaise with external parties like external auditors, tax agents, corporate secretarial agents, local tax and government authorities where required
- Manage and ensure compliance with all finance filing requirements, audits, procedures and forms both statutory and internal
- Manage and ensure compliance with all taxation requirements and filings for Canada and the US
- Assist in new processes and system implementations when required
- Other related assignments and tasks as needed
Skills and Qualifications
- 1+ years of relevant accounting experience in a SaaS environment
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Strong attention to detail and bias for accuracy
- Ability to work independently in a remote environment
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Quickbooks or similar software a plus
- Experience with taxation and tax filing in Canada and the US a plus
Interested? Excellent! Apply now at commonsku.com/careers
commonsku is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.