commonsku is a fast-growing SaaS company that changes the way companies within the promotional products space collaborate and work. We empower entrepreneurs to grow their businesses by creating a more collaborative and streamlined product-based supply chain.
We are on a mission to change the way small businesses operate, democratizing software to enable an open playing field. We don't just sell software; we believe in helping our customers build better businesses through content, events, and a community for sharing. We care deeply about brand and design, investing heavily in both. We have built a brand that is highly respected and trusted within the industry.
Our team is dedicated, hands on and available to jump in as needed. We are known for the exceptional customer service we provide. Each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of our customers. We work as a team in an open and collaborative environment where there is always time for a little joking around. ;)
Our culture is diverse and friendly, with a laid-back enthusiasm and sense of humour that makes collaboration easy. We’re passionate about our customers and their success, and we love fostering an environment that ignites creativity and celebrates the entrepreneur. We are remote and work seamlessly with a distributed team across Canada and the US.
You are a proactive, conscientious early career accounting and finance professional with a keen eye for detail. You are looking for an opportunity to dive into learning the financial workings of a growing SaaS business, partnering across the business to manage the day-to-day aspects of operations while also producing insightful financial reporting and analytics.
About the Role
This role expands the commonsku Finance & Operations team, focusing on scaling our capacity and capabilities. Reporting to the Director, Finance & Operations, the role will support processes across the Finance function.
This role is fully remote. Travel is required based on business needs such as meetings, employee events, and more.
This role has a broad area of focus and lots of opportunity to learn.
- Ensure timely, accurate month-end closing and financial reporting
- Prepare and close monthly and annual financial statements
- Manage account reconciliations, including banking reconciliations, credit card reconciliations and more
- Support AP and AR processes
- Support forecasting and budgeting exercises
- Prepare and review management reports including profit and loss models, balance sheets, and more
- Perform budgeting variance and forecasting analysis
- Prepare reporting based on SaaS Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Coordinate with external auditors, tax agents, corporate secretarial agents, local tax and government authorities where required
- Ensure compliance with all finance filing requirements, audits, procedures and forms both statutory and internal
- Ensure compliance with all taxation requirements and filings for Canada and the US
- Assist in new processes and system implementations
- Other related assignments and tasks as needed
Skills and Qualifications
- 2 years of relevant accounting and finance experience
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Strong attention to detail and bias for accuracy
- Ability to work independently in a remote environment
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in a SaaS company an asset, but not required
- Experience with taxation and tax filing in Canada and the US would be a plus
- Experience with Quickbooks is a plus
commonsku is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.