Vice President Product
Vice President, Product | commonsku
commonsku is a fast-growing SaaS company that changes the way companies within the promotional products space collaborate and work. We empower entrepreneurs to grow their businesses by creating a more collaborative and streamlined product-based supply chain.
We are on a mission to change the way small businesses operate, democratizing software to enable an open playing field. We don't just sell software; we believe in helping our customers build better businesses through content, events, and a community for sharing. We care deeply about brand and design, investing heavily in both. We have built a brand that is deeply respected and trusted within the industry.
Our team is dedicated, hands on and available to jump in as needed. We are known for the exceptional customer service we provide. Each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of our customers. We work as a team, have an open concept, collaborative environment where there is also a lot of joking around :)
Our culture is diverse and friendly, with a laid-back enthusiasm and sense of humour that makes collaboration easy. We’re passionate about our customers and their success, and we love fostering an environment that ignites creativity and celebrates the entrepreneur. We work remote seamlessly with a distributed team across Canada and the US, while maintaining a base at HQ in Toronto.
You have strong experience setting product strategy, vision and developing a product road map for a mid-sized but growing SaaS company. You excel at building and motivating high performing product team members by setting clear expectations and holding others accountable to delivering results. You believe in a growth mindset and culture of continuous learning and improvement. You’re awesome at identifying areas of opportunity to improve processes to facilitate the achievement of the company’s growth and revenue objectives.
About the Role
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President Product is an integral part of commonsku’s senior leadership team. You are accountable for developing and operationalizing a comprehensive product strategy to deliver on the company’s growth and revenue objectives. Our VP Product will be responsible for the vision and direction of our three products that exist on one platform. You’ll be managing a Product Manager and have the opportunity to build out the product team and function, collaborate with other stakeholders and teams, while providing the overall vision for the product roadmap.
We are headquartered in Toronto and open to candidates across Canada.
Areas of Focus:
- Accountable for building an in depth understanding of the product and developing a product road map, strategy, and vision aligned with the company’s growth and revenue objectives
- Developing the product planning materials necessary for driving product initiatives further with clarity and consensus
- Establish and refine success metrics for major launches, incorporating feedback into the product development process
- Advise company leadership on product strategy, trends, and best practices
- Assess pricing and competitive position for each product by monitoring the market and competitor activity
- Identify any key issues or risks with the product or risks that impact the meeting of pre-established targets and propose and implement solutions and improvements
- Define and build a high performing product team, structure, and processes to deliver products that satisfy the needs of our customers
- Lead, mentor and motivate the team by defining individual and team targets on a quarterly and annual basis; providing learning and development opportunities and hold the team accountable to results
- Collaborate and communicate clearly with the leadership team and other stakeholders in the execution of product roadmap
- Own the health of the product; accountable for creating, monitoring, and reporting on Objectives and Key Results on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience building a product strategy and road map for a mid-sized SaaS company
- Successful experience building a high-performing team and holding individual team members accountable to stated expectations
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a product leadership position.
- Customer-centric mindset with the capability of translating that into the product development process
- Strong experience at identifying and resolving bottlenecks in product development
- Experience with agile methodology, project management, and familiar with Development and Operations concepts is ideal
- Successfully implemented data-driven processes to turn a vision into an actionable roadmap
- Drive product analytics to understand feature usage, comprehension, and optimization
- Able to distill product roadmaps into digestible and relevant presentations to key customers and partners
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Superior strategic planning, analytical, organizational, and creative thinking skills.