Full Stack Developer
DevelopmentFull TimeToronto, ON
Full Stack Developer
This position is open to applicants across Canada.
commonsku is revolutionizing the way business is being done in the $25 billion promotional marketing industry. Commonsku is an established and rapidly growing SaaS application facilitating how swag is ordered and produced, handling the supply chain complexities of millions of branded products. Over $900 million goes through the platform from entrepreneurs all over the world who use commonsku to power their business.
We develop an elegant and complex application that is transforming a multi-billion dollar industry, solving the problems of thousands by streamlining their businesses. From the development of new features to re-architecting our web app to scale, you will work on new functional components, integration with other software systems, as well as underlying architectural elements that enhance this experience. You will also have the flexibility to experiment with new technologies and contribute to the evolution of our master product, as well as contribute to special development projects related to our event business and the social community.
The big picture:
As a key member of a growing team developing an industry-leading SaaS application, you will work directly with the CTO and founders of the company. We work in a highly collaborative, entrepreneurial environment; we are a small team where your opinion matters. You will have a wide range of responsibilities and will get exposure to all aspects of the platform.
Our culture is diverse, friendly, with a laid-back enthusiasm and sense of humour that makes collaboration easy. We’re passionate about our customers and their success, and we love fostering an environment that ignites creativity and celebrates the entrepreneur. We work remote seamlessly with a distributed team across Canada and the US, while maintaining a base at HQ in Toronto.
Skills & Requirements
- Creative thinker
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- Produce high-quality elegant designs rapidly
- Able to juggle multiple priorities
- Experience in database driven web application design and development
- Full stack developer
- Experience with PHP, Python, JS
- Experience with Django or Laravel (similar MVC/MVT framework), Node, Express, React
- Experience with MySQL
- Knowledge of web protocols and standards (SSL, OAuth2, etc)
- Experience with software version control systems (GIT)
Good to have experience with:
- React Native
- containerization (Docker)
- automation (Chef/Puppet, Ansible, Cloudformation etc.)
- Serverless (API Gateway, Lambda)