Manager of People & Talent
Manager of People and Talent
commonsku is a fast-growing SaaS company that changes the way companies within the promotional products space collaborate and work. We empower entrepreneurs to grow their businesses by creating a more collaborative and streamlined product-based supply chain.
We are on a mission to change the way small businesses operate, democratizing software to enable an open playing field. We don't just sell software; we believe in helping our customers build better businesses through content, events, and a community for sharing. We care deeply about brand and design, investing heavily in both. We have built a brand that is deeply respected and trusted within the industry.
Our team is dedicated, hands on and available to jump in as needed. We are known for the exceptional customer service we provide. Each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of our customers. We work as a team, have an open, collaborative environment where there is also a lot of joking around! :)
Our culture is diverse and friendly, with a laid-back enthusiasm and sense of humour that makes collaboration easy. We’re passionate about our customers and their success, and we love fostering an environment that ignites creativity and celebrates the entrepreneur. We work remote seamlessly with a distributed team across Canada and the US.
You are someone seeking to contribute to the continuing success of commonsku by building positive relationships throughout the organization. You have excellent knowledge of HR best practices, trends, and are able to contribute to the development of creative and innovative people strategies and initiatives that are aligned with the organization's strategic direction. You pay attention to detail, are organized, have great communication skills, and can work independently and in team settings.
About the Role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will play a strategic and hands-on role that provides full-cycle Human Resources support to commonsku in the areas of: talent acquisition and retention, employee relations, training and development, employee benefits and legislative compliance. This role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. This role offers a competitive compensation package that includes benefits and a welcoming environment that enables career development and growth.
This role is fully remote. You will be required to travel to Toronto, from time to time as required based on business needs such as meetings, employee events, and more.
Areas of Focus
● Acting as a business partner to senior leaders by working together to identify issues and opportunities, supporting talent strategies aligned with business vision, mission, and goals.
● Develop, implement and evaluate human resources programs including, but not limited to: talent acquisition, onboarding and offboarding, compensation, health, safety and wellness, employee benefits, training and development, records management, succession planning, employee retention, employee relations and compliance.
● Deliver full-cycle recruiting for hiring managers as required.
● Work closely with various departments, office management, and leadership in structuring and developing their respective teams to maximize performance and employee engagement.
● Serve as the internal consultant for HR best practices, industry trends, legislative requirements, and market competitiveness.
● Ensure legislative compliance to all applicable laws and regulations and the effective administration of compensation programs including, but not limited to: benefits and payroll, health & safety, HRIS and employee file maintenance, and employee onboarding/offboarding programs.
● Serve as a liaison between management and employees within the organization by handling questions and employee relations matters, interpreting, and administering policies and procedures.
● Support employee engagement, culture and team building events.
Skills and Qualifications
● An undergraduate degree in business, organizational psychology, or related field
● A CHRP/CHRL or related professional designation is desirable
● 3-5 years of previous experience as an HR specialist and/or generalist
● Experience in a SaaS or technology-based company is desirable, but not required
● Proven ability to handle multiple priorities in an organized and timely manner
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Advanced experience with day-to-day use and management of HRIS, recruitment tools and Google Suite
● Capacity to work in a team environment while also managing responsibilities independently
● Understanding of Canadian and Ontario-based employment standards and other legislative requirements
● Demonstrated ability to think strategically, resolve conflicts, and general analytical skills