SupportPart TimeToronto, ON
Administrative Assistant | commonsku
commonsku is a fast-growing SaaS company that changes the way companies within the promotional products space collaborate and work. We empower entrepreneurs to grow their businesses by creating a more collaborative and streamlined product-based supply chain.
We are on a mission to change the way small businesses operate, democratizing software to enable an open playing field. We don't just sell software; we believe in helping our customers build better businesses through content, events and a community for sharing. We care deeply about brand and design, investing heavily in both. We have built a brand that is deeply respected and trusted within the industry.
Our team is dedicated, hands on and available to jump in as needed. We are known for the exceptional customer service we provide. Each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of our customers. We work as a team, have an open concept, collaborative environment where there is also a lot of joking around :)
Our culture is diverse and friendly, with a laid-back enthusiasm and sense of humour that makes collaboration easy. We’re passionate about our customers and their success, and we love fostering an environment that ignites creativity and celebrates the entrepreneur. We work remote seamlessly with a distributed team across Canada and the US, while maintaining a base at HQ in Toronto.
You are highly collaborative and able to thrive in a deadline driven environment. You are self-motivated, organized and accountable, highly communicative and a great multi-tasker.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations, you manage the day to day operations of commonsku’s office and hybrid workforce. You will contribute to an employee-first, high performing culture by ensuring that all new hires are set-up and ready to start on their first day, supporting employees with various needs as a hybrid workforce and assisting with the planning and execution of team events.
This is a part-time position Monday to Friday, 10am-2pm. The position is hybrid - partially remote and partially in commonsku’s Toronto office.
Areas of Focus:
Administrative duties including:
- Open and distribute incoming mail
- Schedule meetings and company events as requested
- Send treats to team members on their birthdays
- Send swag or treats to customers as needed
- Assist with company travel arrangements and accommodations as required
- Ship and courier packages
- Maintain adequate office supplies and ordering supplies as required for both office and remote team members, ensuring fiscal responsibility
- Manage office swag inventory
- Assist in maintaining an organized and orderly office environment
- Manage technology needs and inventory (laptops, monitors etc.)
- Coordinate any tech support needed with outsourced provider, Starport
- Onboarding coordination, ensuring that new hires are set-up with the appropriate equipment, documentation and access
- Assist with team communication as assigned
- Lead in office health and safety, ensuring that legislative requirements are met, as well as industry requirements
Skills and Qualifications:
- High degree of confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to plan and organize company events
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with management and employees
- Experience with inventory and supply management
- 2-3 years of related experience as an administrative assistant, virtual assistant or office administrator