Web and Graphic Designer
MarketingFull TimeToronto, ON
Web and Graphic Designer | commonsku
commonsku is a fast-growing SaaS company that changes the way companies within the promotional products space collaborate and work. We empower entrepreneurs to grow their businesses by creating a more collaborative and streamlined product-based supply chain.
We are on a mission to change the way small businesses operate, democratizing software to enable an open playing field. We don't just sell software; we believe in helping our customers build better businesses through content, events and a community for sharing. We care deeply about brand and design, investing heavily in both. We have built a brand that is deeply respected and trusted within the industry.
Our team is dedicated, hands on and available to jump in as needed. We are known for the exceptional customer service we provide. Each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of our customers. We work as a team, have an open concept, collaborative environment where there is also a lot of joking around :)
Our culture is diverse and friendly, with a laid-back enthusiasm and sense of humour that makes collaboration easy. We’re passionate about our customers and their success, and we love fostering an environment that ignites creativity and celebrates the entrepreneur. We work remote seamlessly with a distributed team across Canada and the US, while maintaining a base at HQ in Toronto.
You’ve got a great eye for design and the technical skills to match. You are highly collaborative and able to thrive in a deadline driven environment. You are self-motivated, organized and accountable, highly communicative and a great multitasker.
Experience with SaaS would be great, but not required.
About the Role
As the Graphic and Web Designer of commonsku, you will keep our multiple brands looking good. You will be responsible for creating new brand concepts, providing our sales and marketing teams with visual assets, styling our web and mobile applications, and the day-to-day management of our websites.
You will also be involved in developing assets for social and email marketing, as well as in application product marketing. Your visual expertise will also be relied upon to provide styling guidance and implementation in-application.
The Web and Graphic Designer will report to the VP of Marketing but works closely with our President and Chief Brand Officer and Product Manager. This role is remote and flexible within Canada.
If you’ve got a passion for design and web development, we would like to meet you!
Areas of Focus:
- Website: You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of our sites: www.commonsku.com, https://community.commonsku.com, www.skucon.com, www.skucamp.com. This includes building new sites for our events each year without relying on the Dev Team.
- Brand Assets: You’ll keep our brand current. You’ll design logos for product merchandise. You’ll create visuals for marketing and sales assets.
- Events: You’ll create the brand story and build the websites for our events - skucon, skucamp and any new events to be launched. You will also design the merchandise collection that we distribute to attendees at these events. (See example)
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in graphic design or a related field
- 3-5 years of professional design experience
- Portfolio of strong creative work
- Highly proficient in Adobe CC Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat) with the ability to quickly mock-up concepts and rapidly prototype
- Ability to convert your designs into HTML/CSS/JS/JQUERY
- Ability to design and build websites responsively
- Experience with front-end frameworks like Foundation or other frameworks
- Experience with Git/Bitbucket
- Knowledge of JS templates (such as Mustache, HandleBar…)
- Exposure to PHP
- CSS animations (would be nice)
Please provide a copy of your design portfolio.