ProductionFull TimeVancouver, BC
Position: Junior Producer
Manager: Senior Producer
Welcome to Colony. We’re a full-service digital agency that builds strategies, stories and brands. The type of content we create is high end, strategic and creative.
Here at Colony, we celebrate our unique skills and recognize we’re better when we do things together. As a team, we create content that tells good stories. We strategize on ways to amplify brand messages; and we are unafraid to explore, collaborate, and test all the great ideas you’ll bring to the table.
Want to join a team of risk takers and innovators who are passionate about creating cool stuff? We want to hear from you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We’re looking for a courageous, empathetic and ambitious Junior Producer to join our growing team!
- Support on shot lists for production shoots with the guidance of Senior Producer & Creative Director
- Work with respective departments to ensure shot lists are approved
- Work with Project Managers to ensure client expectations are met and managed
- Organize and purchase props needed for sets
- Run errands on production day when needed
- Co-manage sets and ensure the Senior Producer is set up for success
- Support third-party vendors (ie. Hair, Make-Up and Stylists) on-set when needed
- Interact with the client and support the team to provide a stress free and relaxed environment
- Run errands during production shoots when needed
- Manage the Production calendar and facilitate changes
- Work with Senior Producer and Project Managers on billing and invoicing
- Record expenses, receipts, and invoices and organize them by production shoot
- Facilitate contracts and negotiations with third-party vendors (ie. models, talent, hair and make-up artists, equipment rentals, space rentals, etc.)
- Manage the inventory of all production equipment and props
- Ensure purchases and other related expenses are approved and within budget
- Other duties as provided by your manager when needed
KEYS TO SUCCESS
- Coordinating and responding in a timely manner
- Communication through agency platforms throughout the day while on or off set
- Positive feedback from contractors, clients and agency partners
- Monthly calls with your Senior Producer (Manager) and Creative Director (DH)
- Quarterly reviews with Managing Director
- Updating team weekly through Slack and ensuring Asana tasks are completed
- A smooth day on set!
WHAT YOU BRING
- Experience working with Google Workspace, Slack, Harvest and Asana, or similar platforms
- Previous experience working as a Junior/Assistant Producer for a brand or production agency
- Understanding of production processes, industry standards and conditions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High regard for quality assurance
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Genuine interest and passion for photo and video production
- Are you motivated by a role that will teach, challenge and develop you? Then we want to hear from you!
WHAT WE OFFER
- 3 weeks paid vacation annually
- Extended health coverage and dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Long Weekends
- Flexible working location
- Referral bonus
- Paid wellness activities with our Self Love Club - a mix of movement, mindfulness and creating
- Paid access to subscriptions (ie. Audible and Calm) – we care about our team’s mental health
Colony Digital is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. We welcome and celebrate the diversity of applicants and team members across ability, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, and perspective.