Social Media Manager
Position: Social Media Manager
Department Head: Director of Marketing
ABOUT COLONY DIGITAL
Colony Digital is a social first, creative digital agency that builds brands and businesses worth talking about. Colony works on a variety of creative projects, with clients across diverse industries, providing connected capabilities that support social media such as web design and development, branding, digital marketing, photography, influencer marketing, video production, and content creation.
We’re a rapidly growing crew of talented marketing and creative professionals with decades of experience. We’ve had the honour of working with some amazing brands that include Nude Beverages, White Spot, Triple O’s, JOEY Restaurants, Rosewood Hotels, and many more!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for someone with a strong passion for building social media accounts that grow brands, community, connection and engagement. You love managing a team of creative and creators and staying updated on social media trends! You're organized and collaborative in your work and take pride in your strong communication skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO?
Below is a breakdown of the major responsibilities a Social Media Manager at Colony Digital is expected to take on.
SOCIAL TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Create quarterly strategy briefs for all retainer clients
- Ensure our social team is growing and improving our clients’ accounts
- Work with Social Strategists on their strategies for the month, foster their strategic thinking, and mentor them on honing their own strategy skills
- Create strategy briefs for all campaign work to connect departments on the project through our connect capabilities brief
- Work with the Director of Marketing to implement social strategies that align with client’s needs and ensure the work we create is helping them reach their business needs
- Set specific objectives and ROI’s for our clients, help the team manage KPI’s of each strategy
- Act as a client advocate, and ensure that the working team is executing the strategic and creative vision that meets the client’s KPIs and goals and with integrity to client brand parameters.
- Collaborate with our production team to ensure content is maximized for social media
- Presenting social media strategies to new clients, campaign kick-offs, and retainer client’s
- Verify weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for accuracy.
- Create new processes for the Social Media Strategists to improve efficiency and scalability
- Collaborate with other departments as directed by the Director of Marketing and other executive team members
- Ensure that all engagements across social media client accounts are handled in a manner consistent with the clients tone of voice and expectations.
- Utilize and determine best practices for the digital engagement software (Sprout Social) used to monitor digital engagement on social media.
- Assist the Managing Director with crisis management and escalate negative feedback to the identified stakeholders.
- Develop the necessary processes and communication workflows to relay engagements and trends to stakeholders.
- Track and report on outbound engagements made by the team as well as the overall sentiment on social media to positively affect present and future outcomes.
- Update our Digital Engagement Specialist’s templated responses and/or best practices to improve the efficiency of the Digital Engagement service.
- Collaborate with and support Project Managers and Social Strategists, and other departments as needed to improve overall social media performance and client satisfaction.
- Verify monthly, quarterly, and annual social media reporting for accuracy.
- Identify monthly growth opportunities for clients on social media that align with the identified goals and KPIs.
- Ensure that the Digital Engagement team is following the guidelines and best practices.
- Stay up to date on cultural trends, technologies, tools, and applications that can improve our strategy
- Create social media strategies to improve our own in-house marketing
- Ensuring new social tools, techniques, platform launches are communicated to our clients
- Research, ideate, and strategize content for our rebrand
- Work with our marketing and creative team to ensure that strategy is maintained throughout the creation of the content
- Search our educational opportunities for your team
- Work with Marketing and Creative to execute on how social media will show up at our launch events
KEYS TO SUCCESS
- Create award-winning social strategy that allows us to execute amazing marketing campaigns and ongoing work for our clients
- Create strategies that connect our departments work together for a holistic marketing strategy
- Strategize in advance to allow our team to work on projects instead of ad-hoc tasks
- Refine the skills of our social strategists and work with our Director of Marketing Services to ensure their growth and education continues throughout their career at Colony
- Work with your Creative Director on a monthly basis to improve the creative and content in all of our social strategies
- Work with your Director of Marketing Services to ensure we’re creating integrated social strategies that our helping our clients achieve their goals
- Support Sales in scoping out social retainers and campaigns, and present to prospective clients, as needed
- Support our Operations and Project Management team in improving how we execute our Connected Capabilities through briefs
What You Bring
- 2-4 years experience in administration, marketing, project coordination or management, or related fields.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Very detail-oriented, resourceful, and responsible.
- Excellent ability to multitask and effective time management skills.
- Positive attitude to handle the stress of unexpected challenges.
- A strong interest in and knowledge of social media
- Experience working within a (digital) agency preferred
To Complement Our Team, You are:
- A marketing and project management maven, with an interest in all things marketing and digital.
- On top of the latest marketing, trends, and what’s happening in the industry.
- Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans change rapidly.
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated and have the attitude to get things done.
- Hungry and humble, you place the needs of the project first.
- Always willing to bring ideas to the table.
- Empathic, compassionate, and curious
- An individual with values that are governed by diversity and inclusion
- Opportunity: The opportunity here is endless! You’ll have a strong potential for long-term career growth and development with a fast-growing company
- Collaborative environment and the opportunity to be part of a hard-working team that feels more like family than co-workers
- Opportunity to enrol in the company’s benefits program following the 3 month probation period (for full-time employees only)
- Flexible, hybrid working environment with the ability to work remotely whenever desired
- Access to our co-working space in Mount Pleasant
- Compensation offered will be based on your previous experience and education. You must pass the background screening requirements for this role.
- Three weeks paid vacation and a bonus 9 Wellness Days
- Access to education and programs to enhance your skills
Colony Digital is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.