Design & DevelopmentFull TimeCanada
Position: Graphic Designer
Location: Remote within Canada
Manager: Creative Director
Start Date: October 11th, 2022
ABOUT COLONY DIGITAL
Colony Digital is a full-service creative digital agency that builds brands worth talking about. Colony works on a variety of creative projects, with clients across diverse industries, providing services such as web design and development, branding, digital marketing, photography, video production, and social media management; in short, any and all things digital!
We’re a rapidly growing crew of talented marketing and creative professionals with decades of experience. We’ve had the honour of working with some amazing brands that include Nude Beverages, White Spot, Triple O’s, Rosewood Hotels, and many more!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Colony Digital is looking for a Graphic Designer with a love of social media, design and content creation! As a Senior Designer, you will work closely with creative and technical disciplines to create considered and innovative design solutions. The ideal candidate has strong communication and presentation skills, a strong design aesthetic, experience mentoring a small team of designers and inspires collaboration with multiple departments and has a deep understanding of branding principles.
What you’ll be doing
- As a Graphic Designer, you will play an integral role in creating innovative design and creative solutions for digital strategies.
- You will be working as part of a driven digital experience team to deliver brand solutions to advance diverse client strategies.
- You will be responsible for delivering cutting edge content with challenging timelines with integrity and consistency.
Who you are
- You are inspired by strategy and have a keen eye for art direction, design and brand standards
- You love storytelling, are not afraid to push the limits and finding innovative solutions
- You know how to present your work effectively, and articulately communicate creative design rationale to stakeholders
- You get excited about the future of social media, content creation and inspired to find innovative ways to develop brand storytelling
- You thrive in collaborating and peer mentoring with fellow designers, copywriters, project managers, and the photo and video team to support the delivery and execution of digital projects
- You have the ability to thrive in a dynamic startup environment while supporting multiple projects, deliverables and timelines
- 3+ years of graphic design experience
- Experience in social media marketing a bonus
- Demonstrated understanding of art direction and design-thinking principles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent graphic design skills (layout, typography, colour) and ideation (vision + art direction)
- Mastery of design and prototyping tools: Illustrator, Photoshop, Invision Studio, Figma, Sketch.
- Video editing experience is a bonus
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to work well on an ego-free, highly collaborative, and cross-functional team.