Position: Social Strategist
Department Head: Director of Social
Manager: Account Manager
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT
- Responsible for all day to day initiatives across client’s social media platforms and execute the social media strategy as defined by the Account Managers.
- Schedule social media content using the native applications and/or social media management software when required.
- Report on social media account performance for all clients and present recommendations internally based on those findings.
- Identify top performing hashtags and apply best practices for each client.
- Responsible for community management and digital engagement as requested.
- Stay up to date with the latest social media trends and develop timely content based on the current social climate. Platform knowledge should include, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and LinkedIn.
- Develop a deep understanding of clients’ industries, business, and operations to create accurate social media content.
- Utilize social media management and project management tools such as Sprout, Asana, and Google Docs to organize and execute content.
- Support the Digital Marketing team with boosted posts and align with digital marketing advertising campaigns.
- Generate platform specific social media content calendars and feed designs.
- Brainstorm and collaborate with other team members and departments to build new social media specific campaigns.
- Collaborate with the Web & Design team to produce creative briefs and content needed for social media clients.
- Utilize design systems and tools to produce additional content for clients as needed including, but not limited to Instagram In-Feed Posts, Instagram Stories, Instagram Guides, and Facebook Cover Photos.
- Create organic video and/or photo content for clients social media platforms as requested by the internal team. This may include content for Instagram Reels and/or TikTok.
- Feature in client video or photo as requested by the Production team.
- Develop copy and verbiage for social media content.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Excellent listening skills
- Adaptability & flexibility
- Forward thinking
- Critical thinking
- Creative problem solver
- Proven work experience as a social media manager/specialist or similar role
- Agency experience is considered an asset
- 2+ years experience working in the social media industry
- Experience in working with social media management platforms like Sprout Social
WHO ARE WE?
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT COLONY
- Opportunity: The opportunity here is endless! You’ll have a strong potential for long-term career growth and development with a fast-growing company
- Collaborative environment and the opportunity to be part of a hard-working team that feels more like family than co-workers
- Opportunity to enrol in the company’s benefits program following the 3 month probation period (for full-time employees only)
- Flexible working environment with the ability to work remotely whenever desired
- Access to our co-working space in Mount Pleasant
- Compensation offered will be based on your previous experience and education. You must pass the background screening requirements for this role.
- 3 Weeks paid vacation, as well as a bonus 5 Wellness Days
Colony Digital is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.