FULL STACK DEVELOPER (Intermediate-Senior)
Design & DevelopmentFull TimeCanada
Position: Full Stack Developer (Int-Senior)
Department: Web & Brand
Manager: Director, Project Delivery and Strategy
Colony Digital is a full-service creative digital agency that builds brands worth talking about. Colony works on a variety of creative projects, with clients across diverse industries, providing services such as web design and development, branding, digital marketing, photography, video production, and social media management; in short, any and all things digital!
We are looking for an experienced full-stack developer, a lover of digital, and a natural leader to play a big role on our Web Development team to build and maintain digital solutions for our clients. You have a passion for technology and software that can make a difference and solve problems, and have leadership capabilities with your analytical skills, decision making, and conceptual ability.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Development & Technical Leadership
- Full-stack development of client website builds, write clean semantic code, emphasizing performance, usability, and accessibility.
- Implementing advanced front end features using, but not limited to: jQuery, HTML, PHP, MySQL SASS, SCSS, Gulp
- Data modeling and backend architecture design and implementation.
- CMS Planning and architecture to optimize admin and client content management.
- Writing of functional requirements, & interpreting requirements of implementation.
- Reviewing code work for accuracy and functionality
- Perform and debug cross-device and browser QA
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team to define, plan, and release new features for web clients.
- Continuously evaluating and implementing new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Releasing production ready code on tight deadlines with high visibility
- Management of server stack and dev ops for ongoing maintenance of site hosting services.
- Mentor and train junior team members who are passionate about the growth and success of our team, company, and product
- Provides guidance, coaching and technical leadership to less experienced in-house Developers. Conducts peer reviews of the designs and implementations of colleagues. Provides feedback to Managers on other Developers performance and makes recommendations for facilitating improvements..
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Ideally, you have 3-5+ years of experience developing websites and other digital properties.
- You have formal software education in coding and development.
- Experience working in multiple web development environments, including waterfall and agile.
- Working knowledge of the following (but not limited to):
- Server: MySQL, PHP
- Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- CMS Experience: Wordpress, Contentful, Craft
- eCommerce platforms: Shopify, WooCommerce
- CRM Experience: Mailchimp, Lasso, Spark,
- Design Platforms: Invision and Figma
- API integrations
- Bitbucket and/or GitHub
- You have experience using React in a medium-to-large production-grade web applications
- Ability to lead and provide technical support to development team
- You’re able to work alongside an extremely talented group of designers and developers
- Provides technical expertise, training, and consultation to other staff
- Proficiency collaborating on project management platforms and bug tracking systems.
- You have worked on multiple projects and meet required deadlines, with the ability to shift gears as priorities shift.
- Ability to support the project delivery team with client communications when it comes to technical support
- Ability to participate in business development by providing technical insights, including estimation and technical proposals
- Experience managing and writing technical documentation as required.
- You’re able to prioritize requirements such as security, performance, maintainability, scalability, usability, and reliability are being considered when architecting solutions
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT COLONY
- Opportunity: The opportunity here is endless! You’ll have a strong potential for long-term career growth and development with a fast-growing company
- Collaborative environment and the opportunity to be part of a hard-working team that feels more like family than co-workers
- Opportunity to enrol in the company’s benefits program following the 3 month probation period (for full-time employees only)
- Fully remote working environment
Compensation offered will be based on your previous experience and education. You must pass the background screening requirements for this role.
Colony Digital is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.