DesignFull TimeToronto, ON
Collage is on a mission to make managing HR, benefits and payroll painless for SMBs. Our approach is to empower small and medium businesses by eliminating tedious paperwork and simplifying Canadian compliance requirements. By using Collage to manage their people, both employers and employees can focus less on administration and spend their time on their meaningful work.
We are looking for a skilled, outcome-driven and well-rounded designer to join our product team and ship designs for the Collage platform. From ideation all the way to production, you will work closely with our teams to bring about a truly user-centered approach to building the future of HR, benefits and payroll in Canada.
Learn more about us by visiting www.collage.co.
Please attach your portfolio in your application showcasing your best product, visual, and interaction design work.
You'll be responsible for:
- Working as a full stack designer and handling everything on a project from initial research through to prototyping, testing, and the design of a final, shippable UI;
- Seeking to deeply understand the problems you're solving and explore multiple high-level approaches to solving them;
- Creating consistent, high quality user interface mockups for review with peers;
- Taking an iterative approach to design based on user feedback and peer review.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a design or engineering discipline related to: interaction, information architecture, user interface, UX, graphic design;
- A portfolio that demonstrates your range of creativity and skills in product, visual, and interaction design;
- A true focus on the customer — you make design decisions based on data, testing and other validated feedback;
- An egoless attitude toward design and a passion to learn and grow every day;
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, visual) and the ability to propose ideas across teams and contextualize multiple ideas in relation to one another;
- Previous experience working in Sketch, Adobe Suite, and prototyping tools;
It'd be great if you also had:
- Well-rounded ability in marketing, visual, and graphic design;
- Previous experience in a product, visual, or interaction design role at an early-stage company.
What we offer:
- An inclusive workplace environment to people of all genders, races, backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives;
- The opportunity to play an essential role in a well-funded, early-stage startup on a high-growth trajectory;
- Competitive salaries and flex hours;
- Equity and stock options to own a stake within Collage;
- A real and honest attitude towards taking care of our people. First item? An 100% funded benefits plan;
- Trendy Downtown Toronto office within the Entertainment District;
- Catered lunches on Fridays and free snacks all day, everyday.
At Collage, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is a recipe for success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We encourage anyone from underrepresented groups to apply!