Payroll Account Manager
Account ManagementFull TimeToronto, ON
Hours: Monday-Friday, Full-Time hours
Location: Downtown Toronto (Entertainment District)
We are looking for a talented individual with a passion for payroll to join our account management team. As a Payroll Account Manager, you’ll work closely with our clients — both big and small — to manage their payroll and ensure things are done right. Along with the rest of our account management and service team, you will play a pivotal role in providing our clients with a modern, one-of-a-kind HR, benefits, and payroll experience and help shape the future of our industry.
You'll be responsible for:
- Managing all end-to-end payroll processing, remittances, and audit functions of multiple small business clients;
- Ensuring hourly/salary payroll meets provincial and legislative requirements;
- Conducting ongoing payroll audits to ensure the accuracy of employee records;
- Responding to and resolving any incoming telephone or email inquiries from clients while delivering the highest level of customer service within expected timelines;
- Collaborating with the Account Management and Onboarding team on the set up and transition of new clients to managed payroll.
You'll need to have:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent business experience in payroll management or accounting;
- At least 3 years of experience in payroll management or accounting;
- Clear understanding & knowledge of year-end processes and legislative requirements.
It'd be great if you also have:
- Attained or are currently pursuing your Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) or Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) certification;
- Experience working with Wagepoint's payroll software;
- Previous experience working in an account management or customer success role in a startup environment;
- Experience using an HRIS.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to play an essential role in a well-funded, early-stage startup on a high-growth trajectory;
- Competitive salaries and flex hours;
- Equity and stock options to own a stake within our company;
- A real and honest attitude towards taking care of our people. First item? A 100% funded benefits plan;
- Trendy new downtown Toronto office within the Entertainment District;
- Choose your own brand-new computer;
- Free healthy snacks all day, everyday.
We believe that creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is a recipe for success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We encourage anyone from underrepresented groups to apply!