Software Engineer (Hybrid; Toronto)
ProductFull TimeToronto, ON
Collage is building the new way for Canadian businesses to manage HR, payroll and benefits.
Our mission at Collage is to empower Canadians to do their best work. We achieve this by reimagining the way businesses manage HR, payroll, and benefits. Our revolutionary platform automates HR administration, enabling our clients to focus on doing the meaningful work they set out to do.
Who are we? Collage is a team of self-starters with curious minds. Behind our diverse backgrounds and skillsets is the common drive to push the envelope and figure out how to make things better, for our clients, for each other, and for ourselves. We believe in empowering our own people to do their best work by giving our team the right resources and support to thrive. We are, collectively, building the future of HR in Canada.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating intuitive, useful and adapted new features and improving upon existing ones;
- Working with our product and design teams to understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then iterate, launching daily;
- Using your extensive knowledge to build and improve the application;
- Actively participating in code reviews and sprint planning;
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use;
- Optimizing the application for maximum performance, speed, and scalability;
- Implementing security and data protection;
- Designing and building new platform integrations that drive our product.
You should have:
- Ability to program in a variety of languages & frameworks (we use Rails and React but it’s not a requirement to apply);
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application;
- Solid knowledge of software engineering, including architecture and algorithms;
- Ability to write well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code;
- Proficient understanding of Git or other version control systems.
We're looking for people who are motivated by:
- Learning new technical skills, technologies, or capabilities that can benefit personal and your team’s performance;
- Finding solutions to difficult technical challenges;
- The opportunity to own and work on interesting problems that directly impact the quality of life for our clients and their employees in Canada;
What we offer:
- An inclusive workplace environment to people of all genders, backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives;
- Being part of a team that values and promotes ownership, flexibility, transparency and creativity;
- Competitive salaries and flex hours;
- Robust employee benefits plan and optional RRSP matching;
- A real and honest attitude towards taking care of our people;
- A trendy downtown Toronto office close to public transit *currently closed but hope to reopen to a hybrid model in 2022.
At Collage, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is a recipe for success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage any who identify as a minority to apply!