ConstructionFull TimeSquamish, BC
At Coastal Mountain Excavations (CME) success means growing our business by growing our people. We believe employees are self motivated to achieve mutually agreed goals when their core values align with those of the company: professionalism, strong work ethic, honesty, reliability, problem solving, and attention to detail.
We work with private developers, strata corporations, public entities, and individuals in civil construction and snow services to build an excellent company, people, relationships, and results. As an employee you will foster and promote our core values within the support of our strong team environment.
The Civil Construction division of CME works with public entities and private clients such as condominium associations, businesses and individual homeowners to provide earthworks including land development and road structures, drilling and blasting, site preparation and utility services, design and build projects, and landscape, grading services and snow removal.
The basic functions of the Project Coordinator are as follows:
- Material takeoffs for all estimates and tender offers
- Gathering quotes from subtrades and material suppliers during tender process
- Executing subcontract agreements with subtrades post contract award
- Obtaining bid bonds and tender security documents from Bonding Agent
- Building bid estimates and tender offers through the use of HCSS Heavy Bid software
- Transfer Heavy Bid estimates to HCSS Heavy Job software for field use by Project Management Team
- Developing monthly budgets for sales pipeline and reviewing of budget versus actuals with Finance Department
- Research and identify new business leads and possible projects through BC Bid, private developers, public entities, home builders, general contractors, project managers, and anyone else identified by ownership as our target client
- Summarizing and issuing purchase orders
- Cost break down and tracking
- BCIT Construction Management, or equivalent technical diploma or degree
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Project Coordinator
- Project Management and quantity surveying experience an asset
- AUTOCAD experience also an asset
- GPS and machine control experience an asset
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
The Project Coordinator must be able to work along side Senior Leadership and Key Project Management personnel in preparation and review of all tender offers developed at CME.
The Project Coordinator will demonstrate the following abilities in their daily work:
- Strong oral, written, communication, negotiation and technical presentation skills
- Ability to critically assess construction plans and specifications
- Familiarity with project documentation
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage priorities and busines relationships; and ability to work on multiple projects at once, ensuring tender deadlines are met
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Willingness and ability to learn new software (HCSS) and research any new technology to help improve our system(s)
The Project Coordinator reports to the Vice President, Construction
Persons reporting to this position may include:
- Project Manager / Estimator / Foreman
The Project Coordinator has the following authorities:
- Subtrade contract execution
- Ordering of materials for construction projects – review process and Purchase Order sign off required by Vice President, Construction
- Other authorities relating to this position
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Supports all aspects of construction administration including contracts, change orders, purchase orders, etc.
- Ability to understand, identify and uphold the construction contract governing the project at hand
- Assists with development and implementation of project scopes, schedules and budgets
- Assists in tendering to trades and consultants with a strong understanding of the project at hand
- Obtains trade contractor and vendor quotations/bids, reviews specifications and identifying/requesting clarification where necessary
- Manages budget controls including estimating, processing of monthly progress draws and approval of invoices.
- Solicits and manages trade & supplier estimates/quotations during budgeting.
- Preparation and effective maintenance of updated project working drawings in consultation with project consultants and trades.
- Overseeing onsite construction activity and assists with communication between sub trades, construction site staff, office staff and clients where necessary and as directed by Site Supervision.
- Prepares release of holdback requests & certificates of completion.
- Records, disseminates and executes upon accurate meeting minutes.
- Assists the Project Manager with tasks including planning, initiating, executing, communicating change control and closeout.
- Delivering tender offers to clients’ head offices, attend public openings and follow up with private openings. Learn from tenders lost to influence future pricing strategies
- Attend tender, preconstruction, and construction progress meetings with Senior Leadership as required
- Consistent tender development within HCSS Heavy Bid to generate robustness of system and allow future querying and performance of past projects
- Participate in monthly AR review meetings and follow up on late paying customers. Notifying senior staff when payments are late to determine if stop work notice is required
- Coordinate 3D modeling for GPS machine control
Coastal Mountain Excavations recognizes the importance of a diversified workforce.