Production Cell Lead
ProductionFull TimeAurora, ON
Creating less waste is our passion. Creating recycling programs that work is our purpose. From equipment to education, we can provide unique and innovative solutions that are able to change with our client’s needs. We are fully committed to practicing sustainability in all of our day-to-day operations and are looking for an energetic production team leader who feels the same.
Plus, we offer a compensation structure like no other:
· Competitive wages
· A comprehensive benefits package
· Coaching and mentoring opportunities leading to real growth
· An unparalleled working environment and company culture
Based in Aurora and reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Cell Lead position is responsible for providing the first line leadership for a team of production employees. Activities in their assigned cell may be production work controlled by a flow or pull system. Their primary objectives are establishing, maintaining and improving; standardized work (to maintain flow at takt time), kanban/supermarket systems (pull). The position is also responsible for ensuring the quality of all work performed.
- Oversees the flow of production within the work cell and reports any barriers to flow.
- Assists the Shift Supervisor and Production Manager in achieving the production output goals for each shift by maintaining production at takt time.
- Monitors production cycle by cycle.
- Records production hour by hour, tracks reasons for misses, and responds.
- Executes the rotation and labour planning processes, and other elements. (Takt in kanban areas means hitting designated replenishment times.)
- Establishes, maintains, and improves standardized work:
- Trains operators so all are proficient at every job in the rotation pattern.
- Monitors adherence to standardized work regularly and frequently.
- Follows a process for implementing operators’ suggestions for improvement.
- Organization and general operation.
- Holds daily startup meetings per protocol.
- Ensures compliance with Health & Safety program and legislation.
- Maintains visual controls for processes and materials.
- Ensures all supplies, raw materials, tools, fixtures and jigs are available for the efficient operation of the production cell.
- Ensures operator preventative maintenance (daily/weekly/monthly) is completed and signed off by the operator, based on the requirements of the visual TPM board in the work cell.
- Provides supervisor with feedback on employee’s performance and reports all disciplinary actions to the Production Supervisor.
- Must perform assembly duties as required.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following:
- High school diploma or vocational equivalent
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Good leadership and motivation skills. Must be able to lead effective meetings.
- Must understand and be able to have a positive impact on the basic elements of lean manufacturing systems for a cell.
- Proficient in excel, word, and outlook.
- Experience operating a variety of hand and power tools
- Previous experience in a cabinet making, automotive assembly, or similar position considered an asset
- Ability to work cohesively with employees and managers as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal & written)
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines
- Self-motivated and self-directed with an ability to work independently
- Working knowledge of production processes using a variety of materials that may include high density poly-ethylene (Plastics), steel, stainless steel, aluminum and wood
If joining a close knit team in a company -- where you are not just another employee number, but treated as an individual -- with competitive salaries and benefits as well as company social functions, appeals to you, then please submit your resume and personalized cover letter.
We thank you for your interest in our position! We are committed to providing equal opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available at all stages of the recruitment process, at the candidate’s request.