Material Planning Coordinator
OperationsFull TimeAurora, ON
Creating less waste is our passion. Creating recycling programs that work is our purpose. From equipment to education, we can provide a unique, innovative solution that’s able to change with our client’s needs.
We are fully committed to practicing sustainability in all of our day-to-day operations and are looking for an energetic, creative, and highly motivated Material Planning Coordinator who feels the same.
Want to know more about our products? Check out https://cleanriver.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/CleanRiverRecycling/
Plus, we offer a compensation structure like no other:
- Competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package, including RRSP matching for all full-time employees
- Vacation entitlement starting at 3 weeks for all full-time employees
- Coaching and mentoring opportunities leading to real growth
- An unparalleled working environment and company culture
Material Planning Coordinator
Based in Aurora, ON and reporting to the Materials Management Supervisor, the position is responsible for purchasing, inventory control, production coordination, supplier development and item master maintenance. The position is also responsible for providing back up support to the Planner/Scheduler with the planning and production scheduling duties.
- Purchases goods and services, obtains approval for any items that exceed pre-authorized levels, prepares P.O.’s, contacts suppliers and follows up with suppliers as required
- Monitors and verifies system inventory levels against physical inventory
- Conduct frequent cycle count of physical inventory
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels for production in order to meet internal and external demand of product
- Manages Kanban system and establishes JIT delivery programs with vendors
- Monitors vendor performance and manages corrective action as required
- Reviews min/max levels on raw material components with Material Management Supervisor and establishes weekly purchases
- Reviews item master to ensure accuracy and to ensure inventory back flush operations are correct.
- Revises item master when changes are required and part revisions occur
- Provide root cause analysis of inventory discrepancies and work with Materials Management Supervisor on improvement plans to permanently resolve issues
- Identify discrepancies between receiving and purchase order and follow up with vendor
- Liaises with Accounts Payable department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices as necessary
- Manage backordered, out of stock and slow moving inventory
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in inventory management
- College diploma in a related discipline
- Experience with purchasing, inventory control & production coordination using ERP software
- Experience in a make-to-order manufacturing environment is considered an asset
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel, and other computer technologies
- Passionate and a keen desire for results
- Good negotiation skills and a high numerical aptitude
- Ability to work cohesively with employees, suppliers and managers as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills
We thank you for your interest in our position! We are committed to providing equal opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available at all stages of the recruitment process, at the candidate’s request.