OperationsFull TimeAurora, ON
Creating less waste is our passion. Creating recycling programs that work is our purpose. From equipment to education, we can provide unique and innovative solutions that are able to change with our client’s needs. We are fully committed to practicing sustainability in all of our day-to-day operations and are looking for an energetic Materials/Packaging Associate who feels the same.
Plus, we offer a compensation structure like no other:
· Competitive salary
· A comprehensive benefits package, including RRSP matching for all full-time employees
· Vacation entitlement starting at 3 weeks for all full-time employees
· Coaching and mentoring opportunities leading to real growth
· An unparalleled working environment and company culture
Based in Aurora and reporting to the Materials Management Supervisor, the Materials/Packaging Associate will play a key role by providing hands-on support to the department to ensure workflow and timely delivery targets. This role will partner with team members and cross-functional departments to ensure packaging of material, storage of finished products, and accuracy of shipment details according to associated paperwork, labels, and customer delivery requests. Logistics set-up, co-ordination, and delivery of finished products to customer with a focus on on-time delivery will be key to the success of this role.
This is a full-time position which requires strong physical strength, quick response times, the ability to work under pressure, and coordination skills. The successful candidate will be a team player with excellent communication skills, attention to detail and time management skills.
- Prepare and maintain the required documentation, bills of lading, packing list, shipping records
- Affix identifying information and shipping instructions on shipments
- Inspect and verify outgoing goods
- Ship finished products and materials to customers throughout Canada and the USA
- Review and manage backorders to customers
- Pack goods to be shipped, prepare shipments for delivery, schedule distribution of goods
- Use hand tools to create shipping crates, assemble containers and custom packaging
- Use a computer, weighing and measurement equipment to perform the job task
- Record shortages and route goods to appropriate storage areas
- Maintain all equipment, products and ensure that inventory is accurate, labelled and up to date
- Operate power and manual equipment to the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and Company safety standards
- Inventory management, cycle counting, daily, weekly, monthly inventory counts and reporting
- Update Supervisor on shipment status, escalated issues, and progress of assigned targets.
- Other tasks as required
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of related working experience (preferably in manufacturing)
- Forklift certification or ability to obtain certification
- Cross border (USA) shipping, customs, and broker paperwork experience
- Knowledge of standard safety procedures
- Strong knowledge in computer software and programs (Windows, Microsoft Office, database software, MRP and related inventory control software (Seradex)
- Ability to work independently under pressure in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision (repetitive tasks, standing for extended periods, bending, crouching, kneeling, etc.)
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
We thank you for your interest in our position! We are committed to providing equal opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available at all stages of the recruitment process, at the candidate’s request.